chapter 7: the guest

Jack gets up and leaves the room. Curious, you follow him. He leads you to the room he had given you.
Jack turns around, revealing a chain dangling in his hand.
"I have to go, so you need to be chained up again." He murmurs.
"I'm not going to leave." You tell him.
He shakes his head. "I don't want to risk it, and surely you probably don't want to either." He replies and grabs your arm, locking the chain onto your wrist.
Now, you are trapped in your room.
Jack leaves without saying goodbye or anything. He closes and locks your door from the outside.
Soon, you hear the front door to the cabin close, then silence.
The feeling of panic washes over you when you think that he won't come back.
You huddle in the corner of the dark room, bringing your legs to your chest.
You gaze out the window and watch as it slowly starts to rain.
Lightning brightens the dull sky and thunder booms in the distance.
Growing bored, you get up and pace across the small room. The chain draggs across the floor making a clinking sound.
Suddenly, you hear the door bang open and slam shut, causing you to jump.
You hear an angry voice echo throughout the house.
"Jack! where did you put my video camera! Every time I let you borrow something, you never give it back!"
Panicking, you crawl under the bed to hide. Whoever this was, they we're not happy.
Stomping footsteps echo throughout the small cabin and pass by the door to your room.
You wince as they stop right in front of the door.
"Jack, are you in there?! Don't you hide from me!"
The knob on the door turns and rattles as the person on the other side start to turn it.
"Open the door!" They yell.
You crawl deeper under the bed, pressing your back to the wall.
The person starts to bang on the door, trying to get inside.
This is pretty intense for just looking for a camera...
There is one last bang on the door when you hear someone else enter the cabin.
"Masky, what are you doing here?!" They ask.
"I was looking for my video camera that you borrowed three weeks ago, Jack!" the other voice says.
" well it's in my room. If you want it, go and get it."
The footsteps cross the hallway to jacks room, then come back out.
"I'm never letting you borrow this again. I don't care who it is you're spying on."
The 'masky' person leaves and slams the front door.
Jack sighs and unlock the door to your room.
You see his feet come to the edge of the bed.
He bends down and looks at you from under the bed.
"Why are you under there?" He asks. There is an irritated pitch to his voice.
"I-i...just-" you say, but he cuts you off.
"Forget it. Just get out from under there."
You crawl out from under the bed. "S-sorry." You mumble.
He doesn't reply.
You notice that his body is stiff and his breathing is rough.
"Just leave me alone..." he says and exits the room, leaving you alone again.

A/n: so there was the next chapter. Hope you liked it and don't forget to vote, comment and follow. :)