chapter 23: think posative

JACKS POV:
Slender doesn't know she's here....
what am I supposed to do?
Just say, 'hey, slender. I've been stalking a human recently, so now I've brought her here to meet all the other proxies and she almost got killed by Rake. Oh, and I also have an odd feeling when I'm around her'.? He'd kill the both of us on the spot. He'd be disappointed if he found out I've been stalking a human for so long, and even more angry that I haven't killed her yet.
The time will come....
I shake my head. No negative thoughts, Jack. I tell myself.

"You can stay, but only for tonight....Tomorrow we need to leave."

(Y/n) doesn't reply. I look down to see that she is asleep in my lap. her shirt is lifted up slightly, revealing the crude stitching I had given her when I took a kidney.
It was really good....
My stomach growls but I ignore it. I just gently lift (y/n) up and lay her down on the bed, then move over to my desk.

I flip through a book of human anatomy, only skimming over the pages. It clears my mind a little. I turn the pages and stop at a picture of the human body. The diagram represents the function of the digestive system.
I turn more pages and stop at a diagram on the human brain.
Such an interesting subject.....

The knocking of my door snaps me back into reality. I get up and open it slightly. BEN is standing there with a video game controller in his hand.
"Yo Jack. Still got that girl with you?"

"What does it matter?" I reply, leaning on the door frame.

"I just wanted to see if she was OK. After what happened.." BEN replies.

I cross my arms over my chest. "How do you know what happened?" I ask.

"Word got out. You know how fast it spreads here." BEN smirks. "Anyway, can I say hi? Just real quick."

"She's sleeping." I say, getting ready to close the door.

BEN furrows his brow. "Fine. Ill just tell ol' slendy that we have a temporary visitor..." he turns to leave, but I stop him.

"Fine, you can come in. But try not to wake her up." I say.

BEN turns around, smirking. "Thanks."

He follows me into my room as I close the door behind us.
BEN stares at her while she sleeps. Her arms are covered in bandages and her face is bruised from her encounter with Rake.

"She looks pretty beat up." BEN says.

I nod. "You know how Rake can be when he hasn't eaten in awhile."

----------------------

Soon, BEN gets bored and leaves. I sigh with relief. Hopefully he won't tell Slender about (y/n).
I go back to reading my book, flipping through the pages and skimming over the text.
I see pictures of organs, hospital tools, and herbs that can cure sickness. yawning, I get another book from my shelf and skim through it's contents.
Eventually, the words start to blur and fade out.
I then start to dream.

A/n: hello. I hope you liked this chapter. Feel free to vote, comment, and let me know what you think of the story. Its been a busy week, and I was supposed to update this chapter yesterday, but I unfortunately didn't have the time. :(
Another chapter will be updated next week.
Stay tuned. :3

~cy ✘