chapter 36

Jacks pov:

I run through the woods, trying to catch up to the Operator before he can take (y/n) away.
I rush past the trees in a blur.
Thunder rumbles overhead, and the sky grows darker.
She took another page.....I need to stop her!
My mind is cluttered together in a mess of thoughts. I can't think properly. All I can do is run and hope to find her in time.

Soon, I start to catch her scent.
I must be getting close....
I run faster, hoping to catch her before he can.

Your Pov:

What are all of these pages? You think to yourself as you find another page. There is sloppy, almost desperate handwriting spelling the words 'help me' on the page. The words are big and underlined multiple times.
You take the paper and put it in your pocket with the other one. As soon as you take the page, thunder crashes overhead.

You continue to jog through the trees, trying to find a way out of this horrid place. You can't help but to feel like you're being watched. Now knowing what exactly is in the woods, this doesn't surprise you.
You just hope it isn't....what was it? The rake? Yeah, that was terrible.

The wind starts to blow as the air grows colder. The night is progressing on, and you assume it is almost 10pm.
I've got to get out of here.....

Suddenly, you hear bushes rustling and sticks breaking behind you. You run faster and try not to look back.
Then, someone tackles you to the ground, covering your mouth with their hand.....
You can't move, you can't speak. All you can do is stare up in horror at your attacker.

 All you can do is stare up in horror at your attacker