PROLOGUE

GREGORY'S P.O.V.

My story begins when my father got the announcement that every employee dreamed of hearing, a promotion. A promotion that comes with a dreadful consequence, moving out.

It's scary since you don't really know if it's going to be better for us and the thought of leaving a place you call home is just heavy in the thoughts. I'm not just leaving a place, I'm also leaving a piece of myself.

Ugh! What were they thinking?! I groaned internally.

I know I'm acting like a spoiled brat but I can't help it. I'm pissed. We're not moving to another block, we're moving to another state!

Tugging my hair, I stared at my coffee and started thinking about random things. Something that I do a lot. 

Two weeks, two more weeks before moving out. Two more weeks and I will leave this place.

My birthplace.

My home.

I hate this. I hate this so much. I don't even know if I can reach a rapprochement between myself and the new place. 

I know I'm being selfish and I get it. I know that moving out is probably the best for all of us. Well, at least that's what I think after everything that happened.

Sighing deeply, I took a sip of my coffee.

Hmm, coffee tastes so good! I honestly can't get through a day without drinking coffee.

I tapped my cup aimlessly.

To be honest, I'm not pissed because we're moving out. I am pissed because I know I will miss out on a lot of things. Late-night movie watching, arcade gaming, roller skating and more. I may not have a lot of friends but I cherish every moment we spend together. 

I smirked at the thought.

But then again, I think that moving out will be the best thing to do after what happened. It was total chaos and I don't know if I will ever recover from that.

"Past is past" I whispered to myself.

Those terrible moments were over. The horror is still hunting me but those moments were over.

As if on cue, the memories started coming back like waves and I quickly diverted myself to other matters.

My suffering ended a year ago. The past is the past and I won't let those memories hinder me from doing what I want to do.

Those events destroyed me. Those people broke me and shattered my innocence into pieces.

How could someone do such a thing? How could someone so genuine and loving be that dark and evil inside?

I guess we will never truly know a person, huh?

After finishing my coffee, I carried my cup and placed it on the sink.

I entered the living room and was about to go up to my room when I heard my mom talking over the phone.

Come to think of it, she's been talking over the phone almost every day since my father's big announcement.

Hmm... I wonder what's up.

"Greg, sweetie, is that you?" Asked my mom while covering the speaker of her phone.

"Yeah. Need anything?" I replied.

"Could you give me a piece of paper and a pen, please?" She asked sweetly.

I run into my room and opened one of my drawers trying to find a piece of paper that hasn't been used. Grabbing the items, I run down to where my mom is.