CHAPTER 7 - THE UNRAVELING

(Photo: Samantha Reeves

(Photo: Samantha Reeves.)

PATHOLOGIST'S P.O.V.

"The victim's body is on the stage of active decay. The neck shows marks of strangulation and the body shows signs of trauma. I'm now opening her mouth and it seems all of her incisor teeth are missing. Her tongue seems to be cut and split in half." I sighed and observed her breast. "Her nipples are missing and lacerations caused by something sharp, probably a knife, is also present under her left breast. Stacy Bells is no doubt a victim of torture and homicide." I stopped when the door opened.

I turned towards the door and frowned. "What do you need?" I asked.

My assistant walked towards me and handed me a piece of paper. "The supplemental reports you asked me for." He replied.

"Thanks." I took the paper and laid it on the table near me.

He came near the body and frowned. "What's your finding?" He asked.

I sighed. "She is definitely a victim of torture." I replied and took my scalpel and pointed at her organs. "See that? Her organs are arranged in an artistic way. The scars and cuts are so precise, probably someone with the knowledge of hunting... or a physician." I scanned her body. "Whoever did this didn't want to disrespect her body."

He frowned deeper, confusion prominent in his face. "What?"

I gulped. "I have seen this before." I paused. "Over twelve years ago."

-----------------------

GREGORY'S P.O.V.

Why is he looking at me like that? Is there something on my face?

I touched my face suddenly feeling self-conscious, wondering whether something was on my face.

Blake continued to stare at me with an indecipherable look on his face. He looks pissed, calm and curious at the same time.

I waved my hand at him while frowning and snapped my fingers in front of his face. "Umm... Blake? Are you okay?"

He suddenly snapped out of his state and shook his head in confusion as if waking up from a bad dream. He stared around for a second before glaring at me intensely.

"I-I was ju-just trying to wake yo---" I tried reasoning out but I was cut off by him.

"Shut up!" He screamed furiously.

I was taken aback and crossed my arms on my chest as if trying to protect myself. My heart is erratically pumping from fear.

He was so furious at me and I don't even know what triggered it. He just started bursting out all of a sudden. I know he got an anger issue but I didn't know he could just erupt at any moment.

"I'm so-sorry, Bla-"

"I DON'T NEED YOUR GODDAMN SORRY! JUST CARRY THIS SHIT AND LET'S GO HOME!" He fumed loudly.