Prologue

A scream echoes throughout the woods as the creature descends upon its prey. But it was not the victim who screamed. The origin of the scream wasn't even in the woods, it came from within the town. But yet the screech could be heard by the creature as it delivered the killing blow.

The creature flicked its head up and gold eyes searched the area around it. It knew what that scream meant and it was anxious to figure out who exactly had screamed.

A banshee scream, the screech of death, was rare to hear.

The creature changed back into its human form, wiping its bloody palms on the ground. He wondered whether the banshee would come to find the body or stay put. He decided that the Hunters probably had heard the scream as well and it would be best for him to become scarce.

And with that he began to stalk through the woods to his home.

On the way he felt something wrap around his ankle. It yanked him with an almost impossible force upwards. Within seconds he hung upside down in a tree.

"Would you look at this, a werewolf," Remarked the old hunter as he appeared between the trees. "He should have remembered the code, don't you think?"

The hunter looked back at his companion, a much younger, female hunter.

"He must be an awfully dumb mutt to have thought it wise to go eating in our town." Said the huntress.

The older hunter motioned to the men behind him to come forward "This boys is an omega. The lone wolf. He should have gotten a pack."

With that the older hunter raised his sword up and began to swing.

Another scream pierced the night.