Chapter 5

*****Dan's POV*****

It had been a week since I'd screamed 4 times in two days. All of the bodies had been found. Three were cut in half, one was killed by what we believe was a werewolf. So far nothing new has happened.

I go downstairs to make some lunch when I notice we are out of bread. I call out to my mom that I am just going to the shops and get in the car.

I arrive at the shops and leave the vehicle. That is when I notice this isn't the shops.

This is a graveyard.

My legs seem to carry themselves towards a hole in the ground.

"Please don't be a dead body, please don't be a dead body." I mutter.

I look over the edge of the hole and sigh in relief. No dead body. I turn around to walk to the car when I see the man slumped against a grave. I rush to the man and check his pulse.

Nothing.

I close my eyes and breathe some calming breaths.

I reach into my pocket and pull out my phone.

I text the group chat we made for the Pack; 'dead body. Graveyard. Come now!'

A few minutes later Platz and Ben show up, and Wayne arrives not long afterwards.

"So you just drove to the graveyard without realising it?" Ben asks.

"No Ben, I just drove here for fun." I say sarcastically.

"Well I'm sorry but how do you think we can explain this to the cops?"

"I don't know." I sigh. Sometimes I think just telling Platz dad would be so much easier. But, alas, we can't. It is so frustrating.

I watch as Ben and Platz examine the body, looking for any sign of how he died. A water bottle is suddenly in front of my face. I stare cross eyed at it for a few seconds before I look at the person holding it. It's Wayne.

"So finding bodies like this? Does it happen often?" He asks.

"Yep, one of the joys of being a banshee."

"About that. I thought banshees could only be female."

"It's rare but it sometimes happens." I explain "Banshees are 10 times more likely to have a daughter than a son. Banshee powers also skip a generation. The powers are inherited by the first born grandchild of a banshee. I'm the first male banshee in nearly 300 years."

"Wow," Wayne says, sitting down next to me.

After a few minutes my friends all look up at once. I listen carefully, trying to hear what it could be, but my banshee senses really only work in situations where death is about to occur. Finally I hear what sounds like footsteps.

3 people walk into view. They are all carrying weapons.

"Would you look at this," One of the hunters says "3 werewolves."

I'm surprised they even know about werewolves then I realise.

"Hunters."

"Indeed. But you aren't a werewolf are you?" The man asks. "I wonder what you are."

Platz and Ben start slowly walking over to me and Wayne, keeping their eyes trained on the hunters.

The hunter who was talking eyes the dead body. He squints and then his eyes widen.

"A banshee, and a male one at that, how interesting. I've never killed one of you before."

Ben and Platz growl and Wayne moves in front of me protectively. Normally I'd complain but I'm too scared at the thought of dying to be annoyed.

"Down dogs," The female hunter says.

"How interesting; werewolves so close to a banshee." The main hunter says.

"We weren't expecting to run into a pack tonight as you can see," He said waving his hand at their limited resources. "But the minute any of you are alone..."

With that the hunters left the graveyard.