Chapter 6

Dan's POV

I sat there numb for a while. They would kill me. The others could fight back but I can't. I physically am just a human. There is no way that I could survive if they tried to attack me.

I thought about how that hunter stared at me, as if I was just his next meal. I shivered at the thought. 

"Who were they?" Wayne asked after a few minutes of silence.

I forgot he was new to all this. That he still had so much to learn. He didn't know how to control the shift, how to ignore the full moon. He didn't know about hunters and witches, vampires and dragons or about any other supernatural creature except werewolves and banshees.

"They were hunters. Basically they try to kill all supernatural creatures out there." Platz supplies.

"But why would they want to kill Dan? He's harmless, no offense." Wayne responds back.

"Doesn't matter if the creature is harmless, they want us all dead." Ben told him.

I gulp, the hunters will kill me. Oh god.

Wayne noticed my panic and said "C'mon, I'll take you home." Normally I would argue that I can get home by myself but I'm too scared to put up a fight. We walk over to my car and Wayne takes the keys from me. I hate feeling so helpless but I really don't trust my shaky hands to drive me home safely.

Once we reach my house Wayne stops the car. I get out of the car and notice he's following me. I raise an eyebrow and he responds back "You seem pretty shaken up and I'm not good with my powers yet, it's probably safer if I stay at your house for the night."

I decide he's probably right so I lead him up to my house. Once I get in, I tell my mom that Wayne's staying over and we head to my bedroom. He calls his parents to tell them where he is and then I set up a spare mattress. We always have multiple incase one of my older brothers want to stay over. Only 2 of my brothers still live in the house, the rest have either moved out or are at college.

As I finish I notice Wayne has spied one of my notebooks. He's holding it but has obviously not opened it. Probably waiting for permission.

"They are some songs I wrote, they're pretty bad." I explain.

"Can I read some?" Wayne aske hopeful. 

I shrug, "I guess."

We sit down on my bed and Wayne reads some of them.

"These are all really good," he tells me.

"Really?" 

"Hell yeah, these are awesome." I smile after he says that. "How do they go?"

I decide I may as well show him, he'll find out eventually. So I grab the notebook and look at the song and start to sing: 

'So this is what you meant

When you said that you were spent

And now it's time to build from the bottom of the pit

Right to the top

Don't hold back

Packing my bags and giving the academy a rain-check'