Chapter 1

Chapter 1

~ Amarni P.O.V ~
~ A Week Later ~

They were both sitting there staring at me. Waiting for me to speak. i refused. I refused to snitch. Its not in my nature. I felt like I was nude and exposed to a crowd full of people without practicing my speech. I felt uncomfortable. My palms were sweating as I was nervous, but i didn't show it at all.

" If you refuse to speak, then you'll be charged for the crime and sentenced to jail." The policeman retorted.

I hate their smug faces.

There was a pale , hench white police man sitting in front of me and a dark skinned police women who had shaved hair and bright red lipstick sitting beside him smirking at me, but not in a nice friendly way.

It was an uncomfortable setting. I didn't want to be here, i just wanted to be at home with my family.I'm stuck in a predicament.

If i do years in prison, how would i explain that to my daughter?I don't want her to look at me and think of me as a criminal, because i'm not. I didn't kill him. Now everyone will think I did. I haven't given them a reason not to.

" Did you do it alone or was you accompanied by some gangster friends?" The police women asked me in a rude tone. ' gangster friends' why is this women so stereotypical?I kept quiet.

She sighed and rolled her eyes. I raised one side of my upper lip and pierced my eyes into her sandpaper like face.

" What do you remember happening that night?" The man asked meI shrugged.

He ain't getting nothing, out of me.

You're probably wondering why i'm not snitching on Trevz for actually killing Jermz - which is what i'm being charged for, since we're not so close why do i have his back all of a sudden? The answer is, is that he is family. He is Chanel's cousin and i could never do that to her. He's apart of her life , so he's apart of mines now.

As i said snitching is not my nature. I would not even snitch on Jermz and I hated his guts." So you don't remember anything?" The police woman rolled her eyes. Her attitude needs some deodorant cos' it stinks.

I didn't answer her.

She paused the tape that was recording and cut her eye at me slowly. I just glared at her, showing no emotion at all.

She put her irrelevant long fingernails about 1cm from my nose.

" You need to open up your mouth little boy." She sassed in a low tone.So unprofessional.

I sniggered a little accidentally and I could see her rage building up inside her. For what? she needs to have several seats and relax.

" Amarni, either you're going to talk or be arrested. I'm going to give you one more chance. When i press record again, you're gonna talk." The police man demanded. Nobody tells me what to do.Nobody.

He pressed record and asked similar questions.You know what happened next.

Yeah , i ended up behind bars.

~ Chanel P.O.V ~

I'm not in a good state of mind at all.

I'm stuck between whether i should be in detective mode or sit at home and cry myself to sleep. My husband is not a murder..

He would not kill Jermaine and he didn't. I think. I dunno. I'm sure he didn't. It doesn't make any sense. He's not that type of man. I know the man I married. But i can't help but question.I sluggishly got up from the bed and peered at my face in the mirror. I shuddered at my worn out features. I had heavy bags under my eyes , prominent stress lines and my skin was looking paler. I look disgusting. I'm use to fixing myself up and feeling confident with the way i look, now that feeling is gone. Its like i'm becoming who i used to be. Insecure , emotional and lonely.