2. Routine

Kimiko POV
(Next Day - At the balcony)
(Thinking back of the past- 2 years ago)

"Natsu-nee can we play a duet together?" I ask her proudly holding my violin in the air. Natsuki just came home from middle school and was practically exhausted from a long day of school as the captain for the girls volleyball team. Not to mention the extra studies for father during the night, Natsuki works herself harder than anyone.

Compared to her, mom wanted me to be homeschooled for elementary school so I'm always staying at home with a bunch of maids and butlers and learn from a bunch of tutors. Once in a while Ken and Natsuki would come to visit me ... But most of the time it's boring at home to be by yourself.

Natsuki takes a glance at the clock and lightly smiles. "Of course," Natsuki answers and gives me a small pat on the head. She walks over the piano and lifts up the piano cover. "I haven't practice in while, but I think I can still play well." She jokes and cracks her fingers ready to play.

"Your playing is always good~" I widely grin getting myself into position. I breathe in and out to relax my tense muscles and listen to Natsuki's piano playing. She says she hasn't practice in a long time, but personally I think it still sounds perfect. I hold onto the bow of the violin waiting for my part on the song. Music has always been my passion and Natsu-nee has always encouraged that dream of mine to be a professional world musician.

I pay close attention of the rhythm on the piano... Now, I let the violin take over as we play our favorite duet song together. Ave Maria. Out all the songs out there, I always thought this song was one of the most prettiest when it came to violin playing.

I let the bow softly pull on the strings for the soft parts of the song and when the song sped up I began playing faster with my fingers holding down the designated strings for the notes. Hearing the melody can really soothe me down. I take a glance at Natsuki who has a relaxed face as she plays piano. When it comes to music we create a stronger bond as we connect to each other's sound.

My cheerful expression shows on my face as I continue to play with Natsu-nee until I hear the door slam open. Father comes up with a cellphone on shoulder and ends his conversation on the phone when he sees the two of us. "Natsuki where have you been, your teacher are ready to give you lessons!" Father shouts and I shudder from his loud tone. I never heard him yell before.

"I wanted to take a break from my studies so I asked Kimiko to violin with me," Natsuki says staring father down in the eye. The determination she has to face father like that is amazing. I can't even look him in the eye. Nor have I ever had a real one on one conversation with him.

"Fine. I'm going to extend your studies longer," he orders and I can see Natsuki grip her hands tight in frustration. It's not her fault. I'm the one who asked her to play with me.... Why did she lie??

"Dad it was my fault that I took time away from Natsu-nee's studies, please don't yell at her," I beg him, but he doesn't look my way.

"Natsuki you need to take things seriously. You're going to be the head of Serizawa household. You can't do silly things like play piano for fun. You can use that time to study," He orders her and her eyes turn ice cold as she listens to his words.

"I know," she answers him a monotonous voice and takes her school and volleyball things away not taking a single glance back at me.