10. What is Family?

Ken POV
(Few Days Later ~ In the morning ~ Shiratorizawa High)

It's been more than a week and I have no idea where Kimiko is. I lean on the metal fence at the rooftop. I used to hang out with Natsuki and Kimiko here, but now neither one of them are here.

I grit my teeth in frustration. What am I going to do? What can I do?

I'm the only one who searching for her. No one else even bothers.

I sigh. I just wanna give up but I can't. I already let Natsuki leave us, I don't want to let Kimiko go either. Kimiko is family to me.

I take my cellphone out and stare at it. There's still one more person that I can depend on. He might help.

I dial the cellphone number of the man that is hated by everyone in the Serizawa family except for Natsuki and I.

Although Natsuki gets annoyed of him sometimes, he's the nicest guy I know if you're on his good side. Besides even though Natsuki says she gets annoyed of him at times, she is with him now and honestly in my opinion, she made the right decision to live with him.

"Hello?" The person greets me over the phone cheerfully when he picks it up.

"Hey Jun how are you doing?" I greet back Natsuki's uncle and I hear a gasp.

"Kenshi! I haven't heard you in for so long!" Jun greets. "Your voice is so deep now. Did you hit puberty?" He asks and my cheeks flush bright red.

"Of course I did! I-I mean don't ask me that kind of question!" I angrily shout and Jun laughs over the cellphone. I clear my throat. "Jun just call me Ken. You know I don't like being called Kenshi anymore," I tell him and he chuckles.

"I know but you always do have cute reactions Kenshi~" Jun teases and I click my tongue.

"I'm going to hang up now," I bluntly tell him.

"Aw! Don't hang up! You just called me," Jun cries out and I face palm myself.

Why did I even bother to--

"But if it's to the point you had to call me, something have happened huh?" Jun says in a calculative tone and I flinch. "Hahaha I'm just joking, I'm sure you want to talk to me because you love talking to me--"

"No you're right," I interrupt. "I need to talk to you about something important and you're the only one I can talk to."

Jun gasps. "I'm sorry Ken. I don't roll that way and besides I'm engaged."

"Not that idiot!" I shout and sigh. "Kimiko ran away recently and--- wait you're engaged?! Since when?!" I ask and Jun laughs.

"It's not that important, I haven't told Natsuki anyways. But please do continue," Jun tells me and I hesitate.

"... Kimiko ran away from home. I don't know where she is and no one in the Serizawa family cares. It's just like Natsuki when she left and I don't know what to do..." I bite my lip. "I'm afraid... I'm afraid something happened to Kimiko and if that's the case I can't ever forgive myself--"

"Ken calm down," Jun soothes and I stop. "You along with the Serizawa family already know Natsuki is under my care. I always did offer Natsuki a place to come to when she needed it so it's not like she ran away," Jun explains. "I am a legal guardian for Natsuki now so it's not the same situation."