13. A Loving Place

Hinata POV

After hopelessly attempting to do my homework on my own for the past hour, I end up getting nowhere and spin my seat around to ease my mind.

I sigh. Normally I can't focus on my homework because I want to spend my time playing volleyball instead but ever since Kimiko came, I would ask her for help if I didn't understand anything and actually didn't get distracted.

Yet right now it's kind of difficult to ask for her help.

I cross my arms in thought as I think about how Kimiko has been acting lately. For the past few days, I notice her being more quiet than her usual self. She would always be spacing out every time I called and started to hesitate answering me whenever I asked if something was wrong.

It's strange... I feel like she's starting to isolate herself. I wonder if she's okay? Maybe she's homesick?

"SHOYO!" My bedroom door slams open and I flinch.

I turn around to see Natsu standing there with her hands on her hips. "Natsu what are you—"

Natsu stomps over to me and points her finger at me. "Shoyo make Kimiko feel better!" She demands with a huff and I blink a couple of times.

"Eh?" I blurt out confused.

"Kimiko hasn't been playing with me lately," Natsu says and her lips start to quiver. "D-Does she hate me—-?" Natsu's eyes start to swell up in tears and I panic.

Please don't cry! I never know how to react when girls cry!

"N-N-No she doesn't! I think she's just a little tired from working. I'm sure she'll feel better in no time if she's gets herself some rest," I reassure her.

"She will?" Natsu questions and I nod my head. "But mom told me that Kimiko will only feel better if you take Kimiko on a date," Natsu states and I freeze.

"A-A-A date?" I stutter. My face flushes bright red and my mind starts going haywire.

Isn't that what couple do??? I mean friends can go on dates too but——I- I never went on a date before! I don't even know how to ask Kimiko on a date!?

"Shoyo?" My mom pokes her head in my room.

I jolt back. "Yes!?" I answer.

"Take Kimiko out please," my mom smiles.

I start sweating bullets. "B-But—"

"Kimiko! Shoyo wants to ask you something," my mom shouts across the hallway keeping the smile on her face.

I stare back at my mom in shock. How can she betray me so easily!?

"Good luck Shoyo," Natsu grins and pats me on the head.

I hit the sides of my forehand with my hands. Breathe in. Breathe out. It's just asking a friend to hangout... nothing more.

Determined, I walk over to the guest room where Kimiko is and knock on the door. The door slowly opens and the moment I see Kimiko, I blank out.