14. It's been a while

Ken POV
(In the early morning - Serizawa Company Building) 

Having received a call from Mr. Serizawa, I reluctantly come over to meet my boss. It's been a little over a week since Kimiko has been missing. It scares me that there hasn't been any news of finding her. I've done my own searching and gained nothing from it. I know she's truly not missing since I haven't heard the Serizawa family call an official search party but I'm still worried about her.

Before Natsuki left the Serizawa household, she gave me the responsibility to watch over her little sister. After everything Natsuki did for me in the past, I promised myself that I will do everything in my power to help Kimiko after she left... but I couldn't even keep my promise. I couldn't take care of Kimiko properly and couldn't stop her from running away.

I'm horrible as a butler.

Butler... the thought of me being one made me silently laugh at myself. Being given such a prestigious title, a butler for the Serizawa family, I don't deserve it. I never did. It's only because Natsuki took me in that I am able to be where I am now.

I eventually reach to the top floor of the office and stand in front of Mr. Serizawa's office door, but hesitate to knock.

My emotions are all over my face. I need to calm myself down before I can be in his presence. I take in a deep breath and let go of all the anger and resentment towards the man I'm going to see. I knock on the door. "It's Kenshi."

"You're allowed to open the door Kenshi," Mr. Serizawa permits and I enter the room.

"Mr. Serizawa, you called me over," I greet with a slight bow.

I look up and freeze seeing Mr. Serizawa's stern look. Goosebumps start to rise from the sudden chill in the room. Just one look at Mr. Serizawa could make any normal person cower, this man has no mercy for others. Expected from someone who took over the company in a young age.

"Kenshi." Mr. Serizawa hands me a file. "Kimiko's location has been confirmed. I had people watching her for the past few days to confirm if it was her and what she was doing. Kimiko got caught up in something unexpected so I want you to pick her up."

I look through the files and a sense of relief washes over me. It's her. These pictures clearly show her. I analyze the pictures and notice her around an orange hair boy and girl for most of these pictures. Did she makes friends?

"Kenshi. Look at the last picture," Mr. Serizawa states.

I skip through to the last picture and my eyes widen. The picture shows Kimiko in a cafe with Jun Tsukiyomi. "Jun..." I mumble. My heart drops. He told me that he didn't know her whereabouts, but he clearly got himself involved.

...

Why though? I thought he wanted nothing to do with the Serizawa family.

"Jun Tsukiyomi.... my brother in law," Mr. Serizawa pauses for a split second but continues. "He got in contact with Kimiko. Jun is good natured boy so I doubt he would get revenge for his sister by using Kimiko but I'm sure the rest of the Serizawa family would think otherwise and if they knew about this, they would shift the blame of her missing to him." Mr. Serizawa clears his throat. "Kenshi, tomorrow I want you to go to the cafe and pick up Kimiko. She can't continue this farce any longer. She needs to go back to her responsibilities as the next head of the Serizawa family."