Chapter 21

The pain erupted through my side once again and caused me to stop dead in my tracks as my breath was sucked away from me. I held my hands over the spot that the piercing pain was coming from in an attempt to hold it in place. I caught my breath and quickly continued on my path to find Louis.

With the now broken door, I was able to escape back outside and see the war zone that had unfolded. My breath was sucked out of me for another reason as I took in the unbearable smell of death. There were bodies lying everywhere. Some of them were still in wolf form which meant that they were just highly injured which was a good sign, but the ones that were in human form were dead. I would stop and help the ones that were injured, but my mate was more important to me.

I turned down various hallways and they all had the same result. No sign of Louis and bodies lay everywhere. I finally came to the doorway that lead to the real outdoor garden. The door had been severely damaged and laid in pieces spread across the ground. My eyes began to water at the sight that was displayed before me.

The entire garden had been destroyed in the attack. The hedges were covered in the blood of the rogues and some from our own wolves. Some of it was dripping off the once green leaves onto the blood covered grass. There were several hundred bodies lying everywhere. They stretched from the double doorway all the way into the beginning of the woods. The fountain had been completely destroyed and large chunks of the concrete lied all over the red grass.

My breath automatically caught in my throat when my eyes landed on a mangled mess of three bodies. It was hard to depict his face because the majority of it was covered in blood that I hope was someone else's. My feet quit moving beneath me as my heart completely stopped beating. Tears welled in my eyes as the thought of his body being destroyed and limp with death crossed my mind.

My frozen form began to move as my feet carried me across the blood covered ground without my control. One foot moved ever so slowly in front of the other. My mind wanted me to hurry up and get there, but my heart was afraid of the result. The mass of the three bodies lied directly in front of me. Two of them were completely lifeless and the fact that Louis was in human form terrified me more than anything on this earth. I knelt down in front of them and lifted a hand to touch his bloodied face.

The other bodies were lying on top of my poor mate in a mangled mess of arms and legs. I reacted quickly, my heart catching up with my brain and wanting me to find out the answer quickly. I used all of my strength to shove the dead weight of the bodies off of Louis. I swallowed back the tears at the result of his body being uncovered. There was a sword stuck in his stomach with blood surrounding the sight. There was a massive cut deep into his left leg and his arm was bent at an awkward angle behind his back.

"No. No, no, no, no." The tears made their way down my cheeks like a waterfall as his lifeless eyes stared up at the sky. The once brilliant blue, now a dull grayish color. There was a trail of blood coming from his mouth as the blood of others smeared across his face. I placed my hands on his cheeks and lifted his head up so that it would be against my chest as I cradled his cold form.

I laid him gently back on the ground and wrapped my hands around the sword handle, slowly removing it from his body. I placed my hands over his chest and closed my eyes, focusing on one thing. I could see a bright blue light through my eyelids causing me to open my eyes and look down to find that nothing was happening. The blue light that normally came out of my hands to heal the wounded refused to go past my fingertips to save the one I loved. I could feel the power draining from me, but I pushed myself until the light receded back up my arms without my consent. I tried over and over to make it come back, but nothing happened.

I sobbed, collapsing to the ground so that my head was on his unmoving chest. I glanced up combing my fingers through his matted hair. I didn't care if there were still rogues out there just waiting to finish off the kill. They may as well kill me. I have nothing left in this world that I care about. The one thing that mattered most to me is now gone. Never to return. I wished for anything in this world that he would just wrap his arms around me and tell me that everything was going to be alright. To feel the warmth of his skin and to hear his wonderful heartbeat that soothed me to sleep.

That will never happen again.

~*~

Hello wonderful people!!!!

I know you all must hate me for not updating, but here you go!!!! Now you guys can hate me for a different reason!! muwahahahahha. The story is not over for those of you who think it might be it's not!!!

I will try to update as soon as possible, but college life is extremely stressful and I am doing my best!

Love y'all to the moon and back!!! (Whether you think I do or not)

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

LIKE

SHARE

Peace out babes😘✌🏼