Chapter 22

I didn't know what I was going to do with myself. The love of my life was gone. He had vanished from my life completely. I tried saving him. I tried everything I could possibly think of. Nothing can bring him back now. 

  Nothing.

 **Flashback**

  I could feel myself growing weaker as the I tried once again to force the blue light to flow through my veins into a body that was unresponsive. The body of the man I love. I refuse to say past tense because I refuse to accept the fact that he will never come back.

  I tried putting all of my power into bringing him back. Nothing was happening. The light refused to go past my fingertips causing my stomach to drop. He was unmoving. My heart rate was slowing down drastically. My breath becoming a struggle. 

  I let out a scream as I could feel myself slipping into the darkness of unconsciousness. 

  I heard shouts of my name that seemed to be coming from a great distance, but when I felt the hands of someone trying to pry me away from Louis' body, I knew it wasn't true. I began whimpering as I was pulled away, unable to save him. Unable to stop what had happened to him. I was too weak to be able to resist. 

  All I could make out were blurry faces of what I hope and assume to be one of the boys as I lay limp in his muscular arms. Although, I wish they would just leave me and let me die with my love. There was nothing worth fighting for now. I had lost the one thing that had mattered most to me. The love that I had ultimately failed.

  ** Current time**

  That all happened about a week ago, or what I think was a week ago. Everything has seemed to go by in a blur without Louis by my side. Without the comfort of his muscular protective being standing by side, holding me whenever I was uncomfortable and need the comfort of my mate. The comfort that will never be fulfilled again. 

  I had woken up from my unconscious state to find myself in an unfamiliar place. I found that I was laying in a hospital bed with a sleeping Niall in the chair beside the bed. My eyes fluttered as they tried their hardest to push back the tears as reality hit me all over again. I heard the door creak as it was being opened giving me the slightest bit of hope that maybe, just maybe, he would come back. I could feel my face fall as Liam stepped through the door with two cups of coffee held in his hands. A small smile took over his face as he saw that I was awake, before turning into complete sympathy. No words were spoken between us as he sat the extra coffee on the table next to Niall's chair. I could feel the tears slipping past my eyelids without my consent as they flowed steadily down my cheeks.

  Liam knew that I preferred the silence at the moment and I was extremely grateful for his compassion. After several minutes of complete silence, I spoke up for the first time since the accident. "Where are the girls?" He gave me a solemn look before responding. "They are all safe and hidden until the new castle is finished and won't move until after we reestablish our grounds." I let my head hang down with the news that I was going to be alone, with no girl support at a time that I need it the most. "When am I free to go?" "You should be able to leave soon now that you are awake. I'll go get the nurse." I nodded in understanding as thoughts of what had happened took over my mind as the silence took over the room once again.

  Although I had failed at saving Louis, I knew that he wouldn't have wanted me to give up. He would have wanted me to keep fighting and rebuild the kingdom that he worked so hard to begin. I was going to prove everyone wrong.

  No matter how hard it was going to be without Louis attending there beside me and guiding me every step of the way, I will make it through. 

Somehow. 

~*~

Hello lovelies!!!

I am so sorry that I haven't posted in forever!!!! College has been absolutely crazy and I actually wrote this while I was in oral communication :"D

Yes. sadly this fanfic is coming to a close. There will probably be an epilogue and then it will be finished. Y'all don't hate me haha

I have already started on working with a new fanfic and I still have yet to pick a boy for it so if y'all have any suggestions please comment them below!!

I love y'all to the moon and back whether you think I do or not!!

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

LIKE

SHARE

Peace out babes😘✌🏼