Prologue for another new series

This is my newest work, Pain of my heart about a girl and her struggle to gain back what she has lost to an evil that she had no control over. It is romance like all of my stories and like all my stories involves a crazy man willing to do anything to get what he wants, which just happens to be the main character. 

I'm sorry if my stories are getting really repetative lately, considering they are all generally the same story line, but that is just how I like my stories.

Thanks everyone who has supported me with my other stories as well :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A scream pierces the air in a small home in northern American home. A women bends over a small child wrapped in pink blankets unmoving. The child's chest is still and the women tries ever so desperately to make her breath again.

Her husband is on the phone trying to get help, but it is too late. The women in a last ditched attempt to save her tiny daughter grabs a knife from the table and drives it into her arm.

Unknown to her husband her blood flows over the child's lifeless body, until a small light can be seen shining from her chest.

"You dare summon me, human?" A voice comes from the child's body.

"Please..." The women begs, "Please save my child!"

Her husbands cries can be heard from the other room, there will be no help for the baby.

"Nothing is free..." The voice says.

"Anything." The women promises.

"A life..." The voice fades in and out, bored.

The women sobs on. It is the only way, but there is no one else. No one to give. No one but herself and her husband, who is trying desperately to find someone to save their dead daughter.

"Anything else but that."

"No other choice... She will die." The glow within the baby begins to disappear.

"You promised my ancestors protection! They all died for you! Please help my daughter for their sakes." She screams.

"They died for their own needs. A life must be taken."

The women sobbed on. In her arms the baby stirred, it's eyes opening for a moment and gazing into her mothers. She opens her mouth for a moment and the women stairs in shock.

"Mama." The girl says softly.

Then she falls limp again, her chest still once more. Rage fills the women as the demon plays with her emotions.

"So much potential..." The voice drawls, followed by a sinister laugh.

"You are too cruel..."

"Cruel as life... as love and death and torture..."

"Fine! Do as you wish with me, but she must live a long life, a full one! You must give me your word!" She demands.

There is silence for a moment, and then, "I swear."

The women sighs with relief and a shadowed figure appears behind her. Before she even has a chance to scream it is over.

The shadow steps over the body and leans down to the child, pressing its lips against its small unmoving ones. Where the glow emanates from the babies body a mark appears, round with a red rose in the center, the glow fading into it.

"And so the game begins..." The shadow whispers.

It disappears into the air with a laugh, the babies screams echoing from the man in the kitchen, blissfully unaware of his wives peril.