Chapter 25- Whole New Game

We run through the hallways as fast as we can, taking corners when we get the chance. Now that Kye is in the game with us and can't get out, the halls can't shift the way he wants them to. In fact, until we officially leave the game, the house will turn into whatever Kye saw it as before I pulled him in.

It means we can find the others without the need of the flashlight. But the house will be as big as Kye had thought, and chances are he will go right to the others without trying to stop us. In this new game, Kye is the final boss.

"Wait- Kat we need to stop!" Sam gasps halting to a stop.

"Are you okay?" I ask, stopping.

"No, I need my inhaler. I'm not supposed to run that much without it." She wheezes.

"How long can you go without it?" 

"If I keep running and exerting myself like that, not long. But if we walk I should be alright for a little while longer." She breaths.

"You need to tell me if you need to stop. If we make too much noise, Kye is going to know where to find us."

"I understand. But what are we going to do now? Kye is either looking for us or guarding the others. We can't just go against him without a plan." She explains.

"I know," I say rubbing the back of my neck, "Maybe we should just try and find Nana first. Even if she is angry with me, she will know what to do. Finding her might be the only option we have. And I won't leave this house without her."

"Sounds like a plan to me." She smiles.

I return her smile, but despite our cheerfulness, we are faced with yet another problem. Kye hid Nana from us. She could be anywhere in the house. We need to find her before we can do anything else. I head off in one direction, trusting my instinct to lead me where I need to go.

In my head, I can see Nana. She is standing in front of a door, pounding it with her hands trying to get out. My feet stop moving without my command and I extend my hearing trying to find the noise. My powers aren't strong, but in the distance I can hear a faint pounding. 

"Quick Sam this way!" I say slowly making my way towards the noise. 

I want to run to Nana as fast as I can before Kye can get to her, but I remember Sam's breathing. She moves cautiously behind me, her breathing becoming more shallow as we go. Nana will know what to do, she has to.

"We're almost there Sam. Just try and hang in a little longer." I urge her.

"Don't worry about me," She assures me, "I will be just fine."

I press my lips together in concern, but don't say anything. If she says she's okay I believe her. Besides, there isn't anything I can do for her on my own. I don't know how to help her if she passes out. Nana hopefully will know how to help.

The knocking grows louder as I take lefts and rights. Every now and then I wait for Sam to catch up. 

When the pounding finally gets close enough that I can tell what door it is, I take off at a run. Throwing the door open Nana stands before me.

"Nana!" I cry, throwing myself into her arms.

"Katherine! You are safe! I was so worried about you!" She say holding me tightly. 

"What happened to you Nana?" I ask looking up into her black eyes.

"After I left you there was a bright white light and I ended up in here. Kye stopped in only once to laugh at me, but I shoed him off quickly. Then I tried to get out of here. The window opens, but it leads to a black void. I wouldn't suggest trying to find an escape rout by going out there." She pats me on the back slightly.