Chapter 7- Hallway

"Wait, you mean that jerk took Quinn?" Sam Two asks when I finish telling my story.

I nod but say nothing more. I know that Quinn is gone because of me. When I spoke with Kye I had pushed the thought to the back of my head, but now, talking to my friends, I realize that she is gone because of me.

"I'm sorry you guys," I say at last, "This is all my fault."

"No, it isn't. It's that stupid Kye's fault. He's the one that took her, and there was nothing you could do about it." Aidan tells me.

"But I'm the one he's after. He's doing this because I told him no." I sulk.

"Don't worry about it Kat, we'll get her and everyone else back." Sam One says softly.

I notice that the whole time Rebecca hasn't said a thing, and neither has the girl that came back with Ms. Ciaster. They both stood in the same annoyed position watching me like I was something that disgusted them. Not that I can blame them for hating me. If they get kidnapped in the future it will be because of me.

"So what do we do now?" I ask awkwardly.

"Well we can't go back the way we came because the knight might still be there waiting for us. But we found out on our way here that not every one of the doors leads to a bedroom. If we check all of them maybe we can figure out where Kye is keeping everyone else." Sam Two says.

"Sounds good to me, but we have to stay close together. Kye will want to separate us so he can knock us off so we need to stay together." I tell them as we start down the hall.

We check a few doors, but all we find is a few bedrooms, a bathroom, and an empty storage closet. The whole time we were looking I was aware of Rebecca's eyes on my back. I tried to ignore it, but when the group began to move further down the hallway and we were alone together I snapped.

"What's your problem?" I demand, turning on her.

"You're my problem!" She spits. "That girl, Quinn, is gone and it's your fault. Eventually we are all going to disappear because of you! Don't you have any humanity in you? If I were you I would spare every one of us the suffering and just let that guy do what ever he wants to you."

"You know what Rebecca, you're not me. And you don't understand what I would have to give up to go with that guy. I would have to give up my humanity and spend forever with a guy that I barely know. I would never have the chance to truly fall in love, the right way. And worst of all I would be giving up my friends and my family all because I was too weak to figure out how to stop him."

"Is everything alright you two?" Aidan asks walking over to us.

"Yep," Rebecca says with a sweat smile, throwing her hair over her shoulder, "We were just having a friendly conversation about what's going to happen next. As it turns out we both are going to face this head on."

She walks back towards the others leaving me staring after her with my jaw on the ground. I had no idea people could be so two faced, I honestly thought those type of people lived in books. But apparently I was wrong.

"So," Aidan says when she's out of earshot, "What was that really about?"

"Long story short, she wants me to turn myself in." I say dryly.

"Do you want me to have a talk with her? I could explain to her what the situation is." He offers.

"No it's okay, she's just stressing out in her own way. I would be freaking out if I were in her situation, you know, always wondering if you were going to be next. I don't blame her for hating me."