Update

YANG HYUN SUK:
"All the 12 songs of iKON's debut album are written by the members themselves"

"iKON has written almost 50 songs since the formation of the team. The members are now resolved than ever for their debut, as I have turned down their songs over and over again. That is how I trained them as composer and lyricist."

Such training is also the way that YANG trained G-DRAGON, BIGBANG's member who has now become an iconic idol musician. YANG trained GD for three and a half years by making him write one song for a week and then making him improve, modify, and recreate the song again and again. That kind of training has now been applied to iKON.

iKON's debut plan is also like that of BIGBANG, as iKON will release new songs every month, following BIGBANG. After releasing their debut single on the 15, iKON will release half album on the 1 of next month, and then finally release the full-length debut album on November 2. The title of the debut album is "WELCOME BACK".

YG explained why it took so long for iKON to finally make debut and why it is September,

"After training, all the iKON members have got basic songwriting skills. They became able to create their own songs from this summer, and their work is now on the right track. That is why the schedule for the team's debut was confirmed for September." "YG singers should be able to not just sing but also create their own songs. That is the direction YG pursues."

Source: YG_United