Chapter 12 - Rocking the Hat and the Whip

Chapter 12

Rocking the Hat and the Whip

It dawned on me that my Friday jewellery night was probably going to have to be relocated if I kept spending time with Landon.

            He texted me in the middle of the afternoon, Abandon any plans you have tonight. I’m brining pizza.

            My first thought was ‘how the hell did he get my number and how they hell do I have him listed in my contacts’ and then I texted him back with a nice I was actually going to take part in an orgy. We’ve been choreographing it for weeks now, I can’t abandon my deprived sex partners!

            Unsurprisingly, I was rewarded with a quick replied that read Room for one more?

I answered with Whatever fancy Stripper. That pizza better have bacon on it. And buy cheese sticks too and left it at that.

So that is how I ended up sitting on a lawn chair on my balcony in the middle of a chilly Spring night, sharing a pizza with Stranger-Danger Boy.

“You know what we’re missing?” Landon asked, leaning back in his chair, eyes closed, content smile on his lips.

“Scotch?”

He snorted, not opening his eyes. “That filthy thing you think is alcohol? Please, we have beer.” At the, he grabbed his bottle, cradling it lovingly against his chest. “No, what we’re missing is a nice fire.”

“Yeah, that’s a plan to have Miss Beauregard call the firemen on us.” Hmm. Maybe that would be a nice scenario. Sexy firemen in my apartment and a hot circus stripper. Maybe I was going to participate in an orgy tonight after all. “I bet she’s spying on us right now.”

Landon took a gulp of beer with a bigger smile on his lips. “Probably.”

And because we had been talking about fire and I had many troubling issues I started to sing “Let’s gather around the campfire and sing our campfire song. Our C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E-S-O-N-G song,” and wiggled around on my chair, mostly doing little legs movements in the air, but was slightly caught off guard when I didn’t need to mumbled like a retard in a deep male voice the lyrics like Patrick when Landon sang his lines, and I could just keep singing super fast and in an high pitch voice Spongebob’s lines.

“You really are obsessed with Spongebob,” Landon stated after we stopped singing. “That’s slightly disturbing.”

I threw an uneaten crust at him. “What’s disturbing is that you know the songs too.”

Landon had grabbed the crust I had thrown at him and was now eating it. Freak. “I was a High School slacker. What was I supposed to watch when I was skipping school?”

My answer was instantaneous and unnecessarily loud. “PORN!”

            Of course, he ignored my awesome comment and asked, “What about you? What’s your excuse for all that Spongebob knowledge?”

            I shrugged, like it wasn’t that big of a deal. “I’d put all the episodes in loop—I had them recorded on VHS—so I wouldn’t have to hear what my parents were doing in the house. Sorry to disappoint. I wasn’t a High School slacker.” I paused, frowned and then added, “I was a college slacker though. A drop out actually. I left before I got my bachelor degree.”