Chapter 20 - Public Displays of Nudity

Chapter 20

Public Displays of Nudity

Clearly I was a coward and I didn't have my shit together so I hid from Victor for as long as it was possible.

Victor basically let it pass for a week and then one morning while I was leaving to get to work, Victor's driver was waiting by the door of my apartment's building.

The minute he saw me he stepped in front of me. "Mister Rockefeller requests you presence for brunch."

I sighed, running my hand over my ponytailed hair. "Only if Carrie, Samantha and Charlotte are there. I don't need Miranda. She does nothing good for her people. And when I say her people, I mean short haired women." I stared at him waiting for a reaction. There was none. "Nothing? Well, this was fun but I gotta get to work." I tried to step around him but he got in my way.

"Mister Rockefeller has taken the liberty of cancelling your class," the driver told me. I called him Miss Daisy in my head. I'd never asked his actual name. I was pretty sure Victor had mentioned it a couple of times but I was a self-centered bitch so I didn't remember.

And wait a second? What the fuck? "He what? How did he even know I was giving a yoga class? I didn't even know."

"Mister Rockefeller keeps a precise agenda of all your part time jobs," Miss Daisy explained.

Hmm. I should probably ask for that agenda. It would definitely be useful. "Well, if we go to brunch I'll have to change. I guess yoga pants aren't going to pass as suitable attire?" I should just go like this. That ought to teach him.

"Mister Rockefeller expected this. You have a dress waiting for you in the car."

"And you expect me to just change in there and flash my secret in front of you?"

He looked at me bored and completely unaffected. "You've never shown any discomfort with public displays of nudity in my presence before."

I made a face. "Hashtag me too, bitch. Whatever. Let's go." I shooed him towards the car and basically got to it before he could open the door for me.

I changed in the back seat into a dusky lilac light lacy dress with the partition between the driver and passenger's side up. The dress was super cute. It was kind of unnecessary, but cute never the less.

When we arrived at the restaurant, Miss Daisy opened the door for me and waited until I was inside the building. It felt like I had a babysitter. I would totally complain about that to Victor. That and the semi kidnapping and the whole messing with my work schedule thing.

I spotted Victor across the room. He was not sitting alone, but that was fine. Maybe they were his lawyers finally there to flesh out the infamous pre-nup.

"I'm not sorry I hid, I was..." I let the words trailed while getting a good look at the two other people sitting at the table with Victor. My parents. My parents were there. What the fuck were my parents doing here? I didn't even sit down. I just look between the three people who honestly should never be put in the same town, let alone the same room. "Why are you here?" I finally managed to utter.

"Victor called us," my mother answered with a tight smile. Victor? She was calling him Victor like they were buddy, buddy. Seriously, when had I crossed over to an alternative reality?

"How did you get their number?" I asked my Spanish God.

"I'm Victor Rockefeller, I get what I want," he told me and winked.