Chapter 25 - Prince Charming Could Wait

Chapter 25

Prince Charming Could Wait

Victor had to buy that wedding dress.

Apparently, when you ran away with a dress, and you wore if for an entire day, in a hospital full of germs and you had no underwear on, you couldn't just return it with a smile.

So, Victor bought it, laughing all the while I might add—I was glad he was finding it amusing, because I would have throttle myself—and then gave it to me.

Sure, I like the dress, but I hadn't actually fallen in love with it, and well, I didn't exactly have any occasion to wear it, so I ended up selling it on the internet. I made a hefty amount of money. I wanted to give it back to my Spanish God but he was not having it.

He didn't want the ring back either, but I wasn't selling that. I never actually wore it, but I liked taking it out now and then looking at it and imagining myself as Danika Rockefeller, where life was simple and I could just pay people to wipe me.

One year after our fell engagement, Victor was still single and apparently not interested in finding a girlfriend anytime soon. I had to admit I was kind of relieved. I might have rejected Victor at that moment, because it felt like the right thing but it didn't mean I was completely over him. Because the truth was, I kind of loved the guy.

So, I started college again. The internships later on would help me figure out stuff.

I put my jewellery out there and started to sell it on etsy. It wasn't exactly glamorous or fancy, it was nothing to brag about, but it was a start. I didn't have any kind of brand. I would need to find something that would make my things different from every body else. But it was still a start and I was proud.

Victor kept offering me to finance me but I turned it down. I anted to do this on my own, even if it meant falling, as Neil as put it.

As for Landon, we also kept in touch. He got out of the hospital a few days after the incident and changed his heart medication. And he started to get his life back together.

At first, I had offered Landon to come stay with me. I had an extra room that he could use and it would probably help with my rent. But he needed to get his life together on his own, and I definitely understood that. Plus, having a roommate was often a pain.

So, I moved out of my ridiculously expensive, but perfect apartment.

I had to make sacrifices. If I wanted to be able to pay for college and all of my expenses without whoring myself, I couldn't keep on living there. In a way, my expensive apartment had closed a lot of doors for me. I had to work twenty menial jobs at the same time, because I needed the money.

I found a so-so apartment that was in a more reasonable price range, and after a while, I got used to it.

I was barely ever there anyway. I was always either at class, or studying, or working on my jewelleries in a tiny art studio that belonged to one of Neil's friend gone to Peru for like, ever.

The only time I was at my apartment was on Friday nights when it was my turn to host Pizza night with Landon. Abbie joined us too, from time to time.

I wasn't dating Landon thought, I couldn't deny that here was still a very present attraction between the two of us, but we were both still trying to figure ourselves out. It didn't mean that you needed to have your life together to be allowed to have a boyfriend, it just meant that for me, it still didn't feel right.

Maybe the reason I had such a difficult time figuring out which boy I wanted was because none of them were the right fit, or at least, not the right fit at the moment.

I missed the sex with the both of them though.

But hey, my wish upon a star hadn't been to find myself a man. It had been to find my own self. And that was what I was going to do. Prince Charming could wait.

- THE END -

______________

A/N: This it. The end of Danika's story. I hope you enjoyed the crazy ride. I know I had a lot of fun writing it. It all started when my mother told me the story of one of her coworkers who had once worked as the Star Fairy at the mall during Christmas and that had gone to go buy a coat on sale, with her car, still wearing the dress. And then you can guess. Accident. Ambulance ride. Wind. Dress going up. No underwear. The story was funny and it inspired Danika.

I know this ending might feel like the easy way out. It might be true. But it just felt like the right ending for Danika. She wasn't going to be whisked off on a white horse with Prince Charming. She was going to grab her life by the balls and tell it exactly what was going to happen.

Stories end too often with the couple getting together and that's just wrong for me. My character's story shouldn't be complete because she got herself a man, it should be complete because she decided it was.

I know you guys wanna know who she picks. Some days I think she ends up with Landon and Victor finds himself a nice girl. Or a nice boy because he realizes he was gay all along and the only reason why he loved Danika was because she did dildo stuff to him. And other days she ends up with Victor and Landon finds himself a girl. Usually it's Abbie. Sometimes Landon has a heart attack and he dies. Sometimes Dani marries Victor, divorces him ten years later and gets back with Landon. Sometimes Dani ends up with someone else completely.

That's not what's important to me. It's not about picking a guy. It's about picking yourself. :)

Thank you for reading my crazy story! <3