chapter 8

Sam's POV

The dinner drama was almost finished and we all came out of hotel to go home. Jennifer said she is having some important work and left with her friend.

"Sam, I'll drop you " Daniel came from my back side and asked very seriously. "Where you are going tell me?" He insisted. I was not comfortable at all my ex who was not even my ex was flirting in front of my presence of my boss who is not just just my boss.

Ryan who was busy over phone came after finishing the talk "Shall we go?" He asked me in a gentleman manner. I nodded slowly, "OK Daniel, thank you for the dinner. Next time I'm going to be the host." They shook their hands. 

"Tony can drop Miss Samantha, both are friends as he was telling"  Daniel said looking at Tony while Tony shot me a look. "Why you take stress?" He said with a grin which was evil for the record.

" There is not stress in going home, trust me " Ryan said with a smile "Hope you are okay with it" He asked me. I nodded my head in yes and sat in Ryan's car.

Whole drive was silent at the end reached home and I was opening the door "can I speak to you for few minutes." Ryan's soft voice came very slowly. "Just few minutes." He tried to look at my face by bending a little.

"okay" I said and sat back.

"Don't know, how to start." A hesitation in his voice was obvious. I never saw him like this ever. He was rubbing his palms over steering. While I was just waiting for a latest bad news. "What people in the office thinks about me and Jennifer is not true."

" And  What is that people think?" I said frowning.

"You know, what I mean there is nothing personal between us." He sighed.

"What about the love bite then?" Omg!!!!! what did I just ask????

"Love bite?" He was looking confused.

"Yesterday I saw a scratch on your neck, when you came out after finishing your meeting with her from your office" I pouted, don't I sound like a typical wife.

"That was a wound caused by the wooden shelf in study not by women. And excuse me when did you see that, it means you were checking me out" He smirked.

"No, it was just obvious" I said, which he didn't believe of course. " But, why telling me all this" I asked.

"I was just wanted to be honest and clear with you and I don't want you to think low of me." He said looking intensely into my eyes.

"What if I do, does it matter?" I was really wanted to know more greedy me.

"It matters, because we spend more time together now office and home we share both. I can't just take that a person around me 24x7 thinks so low of me and looks at me like I am a germs carrier" He said and we both laughed.

"Samantha, can I call you Sam" I did nothing but nodded with a grin.

"Good night." I opened the car door and ran into my room directly.

******

Ring......ring.....ring...
The annoying sound of alarm interrupted my sleep. I tried to reach up to the clock, only keeping hand out of blanket...but the clock dropped down. Crap...!

I got up and sat on bed. Slowly moving to the edge of bed I lowered my hand to get the clock. As I looked at it, it was eight past eight. What the.....??

I hurried towards the bathroom. Had a quick shower and got ready as regular but a way faster. I went downstairs, Mrs Green was standing there near the dining table. Ryan was having his breakfast. "Sam, come have breakfast." Mrs Green said as she saw I was coming, Ryan gave a side look listening to her voice.