Extra - One of a Kind (Pt. 2)

"How late did you stay up?" Jack asked as I walked out of our bathroom.

"Four." I grumbled and boosted myself up on one of the bar stools. "Mr. Pearson's papers are the worst." I flicked a strand of hair out of my face that fell from my messy ponytail.

Jack walked around the bar to my side and handed me my cup of coffee. He kissed the side of my head, like he does every morning. "When I get home I'll make you feel better."

I lifted my eyes to gaze at him through my eyelashes. "Depends on what you have in mind." I took a sip of the coffee and sat it down.

"I do see cuddling in the future." His lips tugged into a grin.

"What else?" My lips twitched from fighting my smile.

He took a sip of his own coffee. "Chinese food?"

Now I grinned. "Add Captain America and we have a date."

"It's a date then." He drank the last bit of his coffee and picked up his bag from the side of the bar. He slung it across his body and walked up to me. "What time are your grandparents and Lindy supposed to be here?"

"They'll be here tomorrow morning and then we have to go find a wedding dress. My grandma wants to wait until we go back to Georgia next month to make any other wedding plans. And my dad should be here tomorrow before dinner."

He smiled. "Did you tell them the date yet?"

"Yep. My grandma loves the idea of a spring wedding of course."

Jack leaned in and kissed me quick. "I can't wait to marry you."

My cheeks warmed. "Right back at you, McKinnon."

He kissed me again, but longer this time. "I love you."

"I love you."

"How much?"

"To the moon and back twice."

He laughed lightly and backed away to the door. "I'll see you tonight."

I nodded and he left.

Jack and I have been living together for two months. We really couldn't be happier. Of course, we have normal couple fights, but nothing serious. It's mainly over what to have for dinner or whose turn it is to do the dishes. Or sometimes Jack will have a rough day, or I will, and we tend to take it out on each other. We've never stayed mad longer than two hours.

We'll be getting married in April next year. It took forever to pick an actual date. We finally decided together on April. Why we didn't think of that before is beyond me. My grandma is super excited about it being in April. Her and my grandpa were married in the spring and she thinks it's the perfect time.

I didn't think I could be as happy as I am now. My dad and I are on great terms, Jack and I are getting married soon, and everything just feels right. Waking up with Jack and falling asleep next to him everyday and night is so much better than expected. This studio apartment is our own personal bubble that we don't leave as often as we should.

He does take me on dates though. And they're usually impromptu, which is even more exciting to me.

Today is Friday and Friday's are always the best day of the week. And I couldn't wait for my grandparents to get here with Lindy tomorrow. Even though I was nervous about finding a dress. I haven't even thought about looking and that's sad. I've been so caught up with my schoolwork, I forgot.