Extra - One of a Kind (Final Part)

*Keep reading after this for more*

Lindy's fingers brushed over my temples to collect a few strands of hair to pin them back. Loose curls fell down my back and against my shoulders. "Your hair is done and now your make-up."

"I don't want too much." I looked at myself in the vanity mirror, "I feel like my heart is going to beat out of my chest." I placed a hand over my chest, feeling my heart beat faint against my palm.

I saw Lindy's smile in the mirror. "That's a good thing."

"Sure about that?" I eyed her.

"You're excited." She started applying make-up, "I can tell. Maybe I won't even have to add blush because of how rosy your cheeks already are."

I closed my eyes and laughed lightly. "I'm definitely excited. But what if I fall while I'm walking? Won't that ruin it?"

"No, it'll definitely be a memorable moment." She laughed lightly, "I've only been to two weddings in my lifetime and the best part was always the look on the grooms face when he sees his bride for the first time." Then she snorted, "Predictable, I know. But there's a reason why it's predictable."

I nodded. "I can't wait to see him."

"Jack can't go wrong in a tux." She grinned, "There's just something about a guy in a tux or a suit."

"Very true." I agreed, "Where's my Grandma?"

Lindy leaned in close to apply more make-up. "I think in the backyard to make sure everything is set up and prepared. She'll probably be up here soon."

"Good. And I'd like my dad to come up here too."

"I think he's over at Jack's, but I'll make sure he comes up before."

"Thank you."

She finished up on my make-up and stepped away. "And while no one's up here, there's something I wanted to give you."

"Just wait until the reception-"

Lindy walked away and grabbed her bag from the floor. She dropped it on top of my bed and unzipped it. "I would, but this isn't really a reception gift." She dug around and pulled out a pink bag. I didn't need to read the label on it to know where the bag came from and the contents.

"Lindy-"

"What?" She walked back up to me, "Oh, come on. I knew you weren't going to buy any lingerie so I did it for you."

I timidly took the bag from her hand.

"And the great thing is, is that you can wear it under your dress. Jack will have his own present when he-"

"Lindy!" I smiled, but my cheeks were burning.

"Just look!" She gestured towards the bag.

Sighing, I opened up the bag and pulled out the contents. The first thing I looked at was the cropped corset. It was white and lacy, just like my dress. And of course, the underwear had to match. "They're beautiful. Thank you, Lindy." Holding both garments in one hand, I pulled her into a hug. "And you're right. I would have never bought these for myself."

She laughed and squeezed me gently. "Well go get those on so I can help you into your dress."

It didn't take long to change in the bathroom, but I was also cautious of my hair and make-up. Once I was changed, I walked back into my room. Lindy turned around, her eyes widening. "Damn! You look hot!"