Chapter One

It's been three years. Three years since Maddy ran away, Jacob was alone, and Rhydian's broken heart. Nothing has changed whatsoever. After the day Maddy ran away, Jacob was having mixed feelings about everything. His dad, the pack, and Maddy. After everything that he saw that day, he still can't believe it.

Jacob is now twenty years old. He lives with his pack, in the woods. He never left them after Maddy had attacked them. His dad, Henry, has been telling him to forget Maddy and remember what she did to his family. That she can't be forgiven. Jacob believes that, yet he also believes that Maddy didn't mean to hurt all of them. After everything she's been through and her first transformation that day, she couldn't control herself. Jacob has missed Maddy these past three years, he can't get her out of his head.

"Jacob. I need you to lead Ryan and Edward on a hunt. We are low on food supply so try to find good game," Henry said.

Jacob, Ryan, and Edward ran deeper into the forest to find some food. They decided to split up so it'll be faster. If one of them found something, then they'd contact one another. Jacob was still thinking about Maddy, what if he saw her? What would he do?

He tried to focus on the food but he couldn't. He decided to stop running, or else he'd run into a tree. But once he stopped, he was in luck. He saw a big buck right in front of him. He contacted his two friends for help and they came running fast.

Jacob went for its throat but failed. He tried again a couple of times but kept on failing. Once more, he ran for its throat and success. Once the buck was down on the ground, Jacob looked up and saw another wolf. He realized who it was immediately.

Maddy?

.....

That can't be Maddy. Can it? I dropped the bucks throat and walked towards her. But I couldn't get close because she growled at me. I stopped and decided to change into my human form.

"Maddy? It's me...Jacob,"

Maddy looked at me in the eyes and walked towards me. She changed into human form and she looked a little different. Her hair is long and it reached the top half of her back. She was fit, like really fit. Other than that, she is still small and the same height.

"Jacob?" Her voice, whoa. It became soft. I nodded my head in response.

"Maddy, what happened to you? Why did you run off three years ago?" When I mentioned that, her eyes became wide and she kept on shaking her head. "Calm down Mads. It's nothing anymore, I forgive you for it. You didn't know what you were doing, it was your first transformation then and you had no idea how to control your emotions."

"No Jacob. You don't get it, I need to get out of here. Don't look for me,"

Before I could go after her, she was long gone. She was in my grasp...and I let her go, again. I heard paws coming, so I changed back into wolf form and dragged the buck away.

.....

Ryan and Edward had no idea why Jacob was stunned after they got back. They tried to get Jacob to tell them but he wouldn't. Jacob knew if he told anybody, they'd go and hunt her down then kill her.

"What took you guys so long?" Henry asked.

"We split up to find food quicker and when Jacob found something, Edward and I ran to him but we got held back for a few minutes," Ryan explained.

"Next time, be quicker. If not, then you two will be held back for a long time,"

Ryan and Edward hate Henry. But they know they can't go against him or else they're dead. Jacob on the other hand, he was still zoned out. He isn't listening to anybody, especially his dad.

Henry through a stick at Jacob and yelled his name. That got his attention, he yelled in pain because the stick hit him on the head. "What was that for?"

"You're not paying attention. What happened to you out there?"

"Nothing. I've just been thinking about stuff, that's all. You know me dad." Henry let it go, for now. Jacob knew his dad would bring it up again some time soon. But for now, he ran towards his den to hide there.

.....

After seeing Maddy, Jacob had to look for her again. He knows she didn't want him to look for her, but he can't help it. Jacob wants an explanation on everything. His plan is to sneak out and not come back until he finds her.

It won't be his first time leaving, but it'll be his first time not coming back in three years. He doesn't care though.

Jacob quietly went out the door and tip-toed towards the outer edge of the small area. There are some guards that look out but they don't bother with Jacob since they know he always come back.

Once Jacob left, he ran to the same spot he saw Maddy. When Jacob got there, he began to look for her footprints. Or try to catch her scent. But he got nothing, so he used Eolas. He didn't get anything from her so he doesn't know where to start looking. But he figured he'd follow the way she left earlier.

.....

"Where is Jacob?" Henry asked.

"We don't know sir. Normally, he comes back before dawn." One of the guards said.

"You let him in and out? When I said that nobody can leave this place ever without my permission!" Henry was getting angry at the two guards.

"No sir--I mean yes sir. But its true, Jacob always come back. But this time, he didn't."

"Well this is when you go look for him! If something happened to him then you two will pay,"

The two gaurds immediately ran. They split up to find him quicker. After three hours, they couldn't find any trace of Jacob so they headed back. They reported the news to Henry who didn't take it well. In return, he broke one of their arms. "Next time, it'll be your leg."

It seems strange that Henry cares for his son. When last time Jacob went missing, Henry didn't care at all. But people change over time, even Henry. Well, a little bit though.