Chapter Eighteen

"What are you doing here?" Rhydian asked Jana. He turned around from facing the drop and saw Jana behind him.

"I'm here for you. I know you still love me and not Maddy. You left me because you felt bad for her. Well I let you have your fun with her but you need to come home with me now."

"Jana...its over between us. I thought you knew because I left you and never came back. I'm sorry but we're done. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to leave."

Rhydian walked past her and came to an abrupt stop. He wasn't expecting to see her dad there.

"Rhydian, a pleasure to see you."

.....

Jacob went to his apartment and he was welcomed by his father. Once he laid eyes on him he turned around to face his friends who blocked his exit.

"Jacob. Is that a way to greet your father?"

"You're not my dad." Jacobs so called friends grabbed an arm each and brought him into the room.

.....

Maddy was called upon by Sirena.

"Sirena! What are you doing here?"

"I've been looking for you everywhere. I fear you and your friends are in grave danger." Maddy was on alert.

"What do you mean? What's going on?"

"There's no time to explain. You need to follow me and quickly!"

.....

The three friends were on alert and worried. Rhydian didn't know what to do in the situation he was in and neither does Jacob. Maddy was following Sirena and she lead him to the woods.

"Is Rhydian in there?"

"Yes. Go to the spot you and him used to hang out when you were young. Go now, I don't have much time to be up here out in the open."

Maddy made no hesitation and began to run. She tried to sniff out a trail and find Rhydian, luckily she got it.

.....

"Hi."

"Rhydian, you're a good guy. I liked you. More than her past boyfriends. But why did you have to break her heart? You know I love my daughter and I would do anything to the guy who breaks my little girls' heart."

"I know that but aren't you being too rash? I mean everybody goes through their bad breakups."

"That is true. But there's one difference, we're not like everybody."

Alric immediately transformed into a wolf and so did Rhydian. He knew Alric would do whatever it takes to kill him but Rhydian had a plan. He would make Alric jump at him and at that moment he would move out of the way and so Alric would hit Jana.

After a few bites and scratches here and there, Alric jumped at Rhydian but at that moment Maddy came in. She ran right into Alric and shoved him away.

Rhydian wasn't expecting to see Maddy and he immediately became worried.

"Oh this just got interesting." Jana said. She turned into wolf and planned to fight with Maddy while Rhydian and Alric fight.

Maddy ran over to Rhydian's side. The four wolves were looking at each other, looking like they are ready to kill.

.....

Meanwhile, Jacob was giving the death stare to Henry.

"Come on now son, no need to act like that."

"I'm not your son. I stopped thinking of you as a father after I left the pack."

"Well you don't get to leave the pack until I tell you to do so,"

Jacob knew it would be hard to get out of this. Two guys were blocking the door and he won't be able to get through them. He looked at his surroundings and tried to think of an escape. The fire escape won't work because Henry is blocking it. If he jumped out the window there's no chance of him coming out alive since he lives on the third floor.

Unless he is in wolf form...it would be very risky for him to jump out as a wolf but he would take that chance to escape  Henry and his men.

"I know what you're thinking Jacob. You're planning to think of an escape so you've thought of the fire escape, but I'm blocking it. Then you thought of jumping out the window but you know it won't work unless you're a wolf. Sorry to spoil your plan but I already have my men down there as well. Once you start running they're chasing."

Jacob knew he was trapped now. There was no way out.