Chapter Sixteen

Maddy couldn't believe any of the stuff that happened last night. Its one thing to see a spirit and another to hear someone talking about your family. Maddy awoke replaying what happened last night in her mind.

Maddy went downstairs and began to fix breakfast. She saw Jacob still asleep on the couch so she tried to fix breakfast quietly, it didn't last long. Once she opened the cabinet of pots and pans, one of the pans fell making a loud sound throughout the house. Jacob sat up immediately alarmed and Rhydian came running down the steps looking alarmed as well.

"Sorry guys, the pan fell out of the cabinet."

"Its fine. Here, let me cook. You go on up and rest some more. Yesterday was probably a lot to handle for you," Rhydian said. She did as told. For some reason I did feel really tired, but I was fine earlier. I stood up from my position and suddenly everything went blurry and  all I remember was hearing my name being called.

.....

*Beep* *Beep*

Maddy awoke hearing beeping sounds in her left ear. She slowly opened her eyes or at least tried to. For some reason she couldn't move her body and she tried her hardest. After a few tries she gave up, only being able to hear around her.

"Doctor is she okay?" A female voice asked.

"We're not sure. Her body is in perfect condition and it seems as if she has just fainted but...if she had fainted then she should be awake by now." So I'm in a hospital. The memory of her fainting had slowly came back to her.

"Thank you," Maddy could tell it was Jacob who spoke. She'd recognize his voice anywhere. "What happened for her to be like this?" The female voice spoke again. "It was probably from yesterday. Maddy had found out who her real family was and I guess ever since last night she has been struggling with the news. But she did seem fine when she went to bed last night."

"I feel so sorry for her. But you do know if an orphan had just found out who her real parents were and it was a shock to her, she wouldn't be fine if she seemed fine. Get what I'm saying?"

"Amelia, half the time I never get what you're saying."

"She's saying Maddy is keeping her feelings to herself and that's hard to cope with. Especially if she found out who her parents were." There were three voices in total in the room, Maddy knows one belongs to Jacob, the other belongs to Amelia, so the third voice has to either be Rhydian or Jason.

"Where is Rhydian anyway?" Amelia asked. "He said he went to get something. But he's been gone for at least an hour." Jacob said.

Why isn't Rhydian here?  Maddy thought to herself.

.....

Maddy finally opened her eyes to see a dark room. She moved her fingers to make sure she was able to move her body and she could. She slowly sat up and felt sore all over her body. "Hello?"

The light came on and Maddy had to blink a few times due to the brightness. She saw Jacob, Amelia, Jason, and no Rhydian. "Oh my gosh Maddy! You had us worried sick!" Amelia gave her friend a tight hug.

"I'm sorry to hear but I can't breathe Amelia,"

"Oh sorry,"

"It's fine. Where's Rhydian?"

"Don't know." Jason said. Maddy looked over at Jacob and he had a pissed look on his face. "Since I'm awake now, can I leave?"

"We first have to get the doctor to check you out then we can go." Jacob said so he left the room. "And I'll leave you two ladies to catch up," Jason left as well.

"So you found out who your parents were."

"Yeah can we not talk about it?"

"Okay. Then what is going on with you, Jacob, and Rhydian?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean is there a love triangle between you three?" Maddy sat silently thinking as well. She never thought about how she feels towards the two men who have been in her life. Now that she thinks about it, she has never been more confused in her life.

Before Maddy could respond, Jacob, Jason, and the doctor came in. Maddy was thankful for the perfect timing. "Hello Maddy. Let me do a quick check up and then you'll be able to go." The three friends waited outside the room.

The doctor came out followed by Maddy. "Thank you for everything." They all left and headed back to Maddy's house. "It's still weird that Rhydian never showed up." Amelia said. It really is... Jacob thought to himself.

.....

"Why don't you guys stay for dinner?"

"Sure!" Maddy walked in to be surprised. Around her she saw the house decorated and a banner saying 'Welcome Home!' which seemed over the top for someone who spent a day in the hospital with no serious injury. But in front of her vision was Rhydian with a happy face on.

"Rhydian? You did all this?"

"I know you're a strong girl and I knew you'd come home safe and sound. So I decided to set all this up. I know you have been wondering where I was and I'm sorry that I didn't come to visit but I did all this...for you."

"That's so sweet of you. Did you guys know about this?" The three friends shook their heads no. "Well what are we waiting for? Lets party!"

"Among five people?" Amelia asked. "Yes, among five people." Rhydian responded. He turned the music on and the four friends were dancing while Jacob was sitting and watching them. He wasn't in the mood to party but he didn't want to ruin the mood for them, especially Maddy. So he pretended that he had to get something at the store and left.

.....

"Now that we're alone. You haven't answered my question. Do you love Rhydian or Jacob?" The party came to a halt and the three boys were cleaning up the house while the two girls sat outside chatting.

"I really don't know Amelia. It has never crossed my mind because I'm always thinking about the past and the futre. Who my parents are and if I should have even come back here?  Love was the last thing on my mind."

"Well you may have not thought about it but you sure do show it. I know that Jacob loves you because he never stopped looking for you and I don't know any other guy who would go to such lengths for a girl. Like there are some things you probably don't know that he did but that will be for him to say, not me. Rhydian...I don't know about him because I never knew him that well like you and Jacob."

Maddy was thinking hard about this. Jacob has been there for her ever since she gave him a second chance. Rhydian was there when she came back but he had a girlfriend, even though he broke up with Jana for her. "I still don't know yet. If I figure something out I'll be sure to tell you first."