Chapter Two

"Hey Rhydian! Can you do me a favor and get me coffee, decaf." Max said. Rhydian has changed as well. He's now twenty years old, works as a barista in a small coffee shop. He has his own house which is near his work...and Maddy's house. Rhydian is more masculine and his hair is the same. 

Three years ago, when Maddy ran away, Jacob went to Rhydian and told him everything that happened. Except for his feelings. Rhydian was heartbroken when he found out and he became a wreck. He went to find Maddy for a long time, but he gave up in the end. Then he met a girl, Jana. They met at school one day and Rhydian was silent as always. Jana was new so she decided to become friends with Rhydian. It took some time but eventually Rhydian gave her a chance. 

They've been dating for three years and all is going well. Jana knows nothing about Maddy because Rhydian didn't want to bring up the past. Once in awhile, he thinks about Maddy and her well being. He still gets worried about her but he knows he can't do anything to help her out in anyway.  So he tries and tries to forget her. 

Jana and Rhydian live together but they don't plan on getting married anytime soon. Jana knows Rhydian isn't ready for it and she also knows that Rhydian is a wolfblood. She wasn't shocked because she is a wolfblood as well. So they both look out for each other and taught each other things they didn't know, like Eolas, controlling elements, and other things. 

"Sure Max. But I don't see why you can't do it yourself,"

"I'm too lazy. Plus, you're behind the counter." Rhydian rolled his eyes. His friend, Max, is a barista as well. He only works when there are girls around, other than that, he makes Rhydian do it. Their boss, Tom, is friendly and nice. The coffee shop isn't busy most of the time so the guys relax a lot. 

"So how are things going for you and Jana?" 

"Well. She wants to re-decorate the house,"

"Oh snap man, soon enough she'll be expecting a ring!" 

"What? No she won't. Its just re-decorating the house."

"No trust me! That's like the second step or sign, whatever you want to call it, in getting serious which will lead to marriage,"

"Okay. Last time I took your advice on this kind of stuff, you filled my head with so much crap that I believed it and Jana threw her food at me in public. If I need advice on my love life, I'd go to my mom rather than you,"

"Whatever. Go ask your mom then, see what she'll say." 

Rhydian rolled his eyes. The thing with the food, Max told Rhydian that Jana may be pregnant. Max thought that because Jana seemed a bit big on the stomach, she was always having these mood swings, and cravings. Rhydian believed it and talked about it with Jana over lunch, leading her lunch to land on him. She wasn't pregnant of course, her "monthly visitor" visited that time.

Ever since, Rhydian doesn't take any advice from Max. 

"Who will say what?" Rhydian and Max looked over to see Jana. 

"Hey babe, what are you doing here?"

"I'm here to have lunch,"

"Oh okay. Well what would you like? Wait, don't answer that. I already know," Rhydian gave Jana a grin and ran off the kitchen to make steak and kidney pie. Yeah, it may seem fancy for a coffee shop to have but for Jana, Rhydian will make anything. Plus, Rhydian had bought the ingredients for it the day before.

.....

"Rhy, you make the best steak and kidney pie I've ever had," 

Jana was admiring the food. When it was done and ready to eat, the smell was tantalizing. The taste was exquisite! It's true that Rhydian made the best steak and kidney pie in all of Northumbria. 

"I wish you would serve these on your menu. If you did then your coffee shop will become a big hit! Everyone will want to come here and eat," Jana suggested.

Rhydian and Max looked at each other. Jana's idea wasn't bad, all they had to do was convince Tom of it. "Jana you're a genius!"

"Thank you! But for what?" 

Rhydian laughed, gave her a peck and said goodbye. He dragged Max along to go to Tom's office to let him know of the idea. 

.....

"So? What do you think?"

"I don't know,"

"It'll be good for the shop, Tom. We serve breakfast and lunch! Not dinner though. But we can get more money for this and if I make my famous steak and kidney pie, everybody will come here to eat lunch," Rhydian said.

"You are right about your steak and kidney pie...okay. Let's do it! But, since we don't have that much money for ingredients, we'll have to start small alright?" 

Max and Rhydian cheered, thanking Tom for agreeing. They began to come up with the new lunch menu; making sure buying the ingredients won't be a problem.