Chapter Twenty-One

"Thank you for the help Sirena. We really needed it,"

"You're welcome. I'm glad I got to help you Maddy,"

The three friends stood together watching Henry sitting by the wall, tied up. Maddy couldn't believe what she found out from that monster:

"Who dares enter my home!"

"We don't mean to harm you!" Maddy looked at the monster. It was the size of a giant but a bit shorter, it had fur all over its body like Sully, claws were as long as the Nile River (not really), teeth were pointy and yellow, eyes were round and purple, feet as wide as the top half of Australia (looking at map not by its actual length).

"Who are you? What do you want?" The monster exclaimed.

"My friends and I are here to see someone. We are looking for Sirena for help but we can't find her. Do you by any chance know her?"

"Sirena is the one who brought me here to prevent any intruders and you are intruding!" The monster was about to attack but Maddy quickly put her hands up and yelled.

"Wait! Wait! We aren't intruders! We are her friends. My two other friends and I are held in captivity and they won't let us go. We need Sirena's help so we can escape...unless you can help us!"

"Me? Help you? Why should I?"

"Because I am asking...begging please. I can't let my friend die!" Maddy looked into the monster's purple eyes and tried to make a connection with it. Something inside of Maddy made her feel...warm. Like some kind of power was running through her veins.

Maddy held out her hand for the monster to take. It was risky but Maddy felt she could trust the monster for a reason. The monster looked back at Maddy and decided to take her hand. The two's fingers touched and something amazing happened. A bright light came from the touch and it lit the whole cave.

Everybody had to cover their eyes. The light disappeared and so did the monster. Jacob, Rhydian, and Henry were behind rocks and came from their hiding. The two guards that came with Henry had disappeared as well. Jacob saw Maddy laying on the ground and the monster nowhere to be seen. Both boys ran to Maddy's side while Henry was astonished as to what just happened.

"Maddy! Wake up!"

Maddy slowly opened her eyes and saw the two hovering over her. "I'm fine. What happened?"

"You and the monsters' finger touched then a light came and then you are on the floor and the monster is gone."

Maddy got up and looked around. Someone came from behind a rock, where the monster was standing, and it was Sirena!

"Sirena! You were the monster?" Maddy ran over to her. "I was. Thank you for freeing me. Someone had come here and placed a spell on me but I couldn't see who it was."

"How did Maddy free you exactly?"

"Maddy has extraordinary powers that she has yet to learn. Philip can help you with that."

"Where is Philip exactly?" Jacob asked.

"He's probably hiding somewhere."

"Wait a minute, that monster was a spirit this whole time?" Everyone turned around to face Henry.

"Henry, it seems like you are lacking in the help department. What are you going to do?" Maddy pointed out. Henry backed up and hit a rock. He began to run back to where he came from but Sirena didn't let him off the hook easily. With the snap of her fingers she got him tied up and leaning against the wall.

Jacob and Rhydian holding onto Henry, Maddy and Sirena talked.

"Where is Philip? I want to learn more about my history and these powers I have."

"You will soon. For now, we need to get rid of Henry and his followers who are still above ground."

Sirena was the first one to exit and dealt with all the men. Soon after, Maddy then Jacob, Henry, and Rhydian followed. The four looked at all the men and saw they were tied up against trees.

"What should we do with them?" Rhydian asked.

"I'm not sure. If we send them back then they will come back again just to get what they want. If we don't then they'll just be here tied up for who knows how long." Jacob said. Sirena then thought of a perfect idea. She turned all of them into insects. The three wolfbloods didn't know that spirits had any power but Sirena does. All of the "insects" flew, crawled, or hopped away.

Henry was left. Maddy had the idea of turning Henry into a bug that will make him stand out so he will know what it feels like to be hunted and then held in captivity. Sirena turned him into a small bug but its color was neon yellow, literally making it stand out.

"Now that we got rid of them, shall we look for Philip and learn more about your family and powers?"