Chapter Nineteen

In the woods, the four wolves were staring at each other ready to attack. Maddy and Rhydian did not want to fight them but they have no choice. Rhydian could think of no way out and neither did Maddy. Jana and Alric only thought of one thing, kill.

Then something came into Maddy and Rhydian's mind. They both knew it would be risky but they would take it then fighting. They looked at each other and nodded. Jana and Alric took a few steps towards them then Maddy and Rhydian turned around and jumped off the cliff.

.....

"What do you want with me?"

"I need you so I can get to Maddy."

"What does Maddy have to do with this?"

"Everything. You will find out soon enough but I need you as bait. So come with us quietly or we can do this the hard way." Jacob could think of no other way. He doesn't want Maddy to come but he knows she will...unless he provides his dad a collateral.

"Take me instead but leave Maddy out of this. She has been through enough and the last thing I want for her is to deal with you."

"Since when did you become so caring? Surely you did not take after me...You have no choice but to come." Henry signaled the guards to carry Jacob out and he went with no fight.

.....

Along the shoreline, you see two figures coughing water out. Maddy and Rhydian were lucky to survive that jump, an average human would die from it but they were in wolf form which helped with swimming against the current. They were both exhausted from all the swimming and wanted to do nothing but lay there. But they remembered Jana and Alric are at the top of cliff and they can easily track their scent to the beach so they quickly made a run for it while they can.

They ran back to Maddy's house and called for Jacob. But no answer. Maddy looked upstairs and Rhydian looked in the living room and the den.

"Where could Jacob be?" Rhydian said. "I know! His apartment."

"Wait. You know where his apartment is? Have you slept there before?"

"No time for questions. Jacob could be in danger." They quickly ran to his place and found the door wide open. Everything inside looked like it wasn't touched, but where was Jacob? Maddy looked for anything out of the ordinary but saw nothing. Rhydian found a note on the side table next to the couch.

Maddy and Rhydian. If you want Jacob back come to the woods. Maddy should know where exactly to meet us. -Henry

"Maddy who is Henry?"

"Jacob's father. He was the reason why Jacob tried to kill me at first and the reason why we both left the woods and came here."

After hearing that, Rhydian realized those years Maddy was in the woods, their relationship has not been the same. But he won't give up on her.

"Rhydian we need to go and get Jacob back. If it weren't for him I would still be in the woods." Rhydian looked at the worried expression on Maddy's face.

"Let's go."