Laurent

Laurent poked his head up so he could see what his mother was doing. She was staring at a glass of water with two colors in it, light gray and dark gray.

"THUNDER!" she suddenly yelled and sent a bolt of lightning into the cup. The two colors became one distinct color- black.

"Wow..." Laurent said under his breath.

"Hello, Laurent." His mother turned with a smile.

He jumped back, frightened by her acknowledgment. "Hi... A-are you mad I've been spying?"

"Of course not. This is your home as well."

"Right..."

"Now, would you like see me perform more experiments?"

Laurent nodded. His mother was his idol, so of course he wouldn't pass up this opportunity. She had conducted many experiments before in order to discover all of the world's mysteries. Thrilling endeavor, she knows, but that shouldn't stop her. Watching her was like a dream come true to Laurent, and he became sad when it was time for them to stop.

Something happened that day, though. Laurent was in his bed when he decided that he was going to be like mother and discover everything. If she couldn't do it, then he would pick up where she left off. Bearing those thoughts in mind, Laurent happily slept and dreamed of all the things he do.