Chapter Four: Violet-Blue Eyes

Author's Note: OMG, I love this chapter sooooo much! Especially my special song near the end that I made up, based on a certain song from The Sound of Music. Also, if curious about the Eagle kingdom thing, there was actually a fifth suit of cards marked by an Eagle, or if you were in Britain, they were marked by crowns and called Royals. I'm not sure if people just stopped using them, or are just very rare, but they're real! Also Akari, if you ever end up reading this, DON'T YOU DARE SAY ANYTHING ABOUT MY OC KAYLA! NO ONE NEEDS TO KNOW! XD Anyway, as per usual, please enjoy and point out any writing errors I make so I can correct them! SAPPHIRE OUT!

Warning: Mild language, OCs, or possible genderbends will be used! Don't like, please move along and don't read~

Disclaimer: I do not own Hetalia! If I did, I probably wouldn't be writing this. xD

-*o*o*o*-

Chapter Four: Violet-Blue Eyes

"But if I may say something before that..." Matthew unsheathed his rapier with a grand flourish, "You're an idiot if you think I'll go without a fight!"

"Oh no, we expected it," The man smirked and unsheathed his heavy, bulky broadsword. His two companions did likewise, one having a large battle ax, and the other with a simple longsword. Matthew stood his ground and stayed put, determined not to make the first move. He had learned from years of sword training that making the first swing often put you at a disadvantage, unless you did it in the perfect way. The three circled him and threw insults at an attempt to anger him, but Matthew remained calm. The black trump with the ax swung first, which ignited the battle.

Matthew ducked to avoid the ax, then rolled onto his shoulder to dodge a slash from the longsword. He jumped up and side slashed the apparent leader of the group, but the man easily blocked it. He had a surprising skill that could possibly rival even the Ace of his kingdom. Metal clinked loudly as he switched opponents every other millisecond. Adrenaline and years of experience coursed through his veins, but he was only one man against several. He had to find a way to finish the fight quickly, or...

"All right!" America finally laughed and stepped forward, "While your sword dance is very pretty, I can end this." He withdrew his pistol from his bomber jacket and released the safety. He didn't even look as he pulled the trigger, sending a bullet into the leader's shoulder. The older man yelled in pain and collapsed to the ground with a loud thump!

The remaining black trumps viewed their leader with wide eyes, and realizing that they were outmatched, abandoned the hurt trump and escaped the inn. There were murmurs of witchcraft and magic throughout the inn and even Matthew seemed startled. The tired prince sheathed his rapier and approached the wounded man, who lied in a heap on the floor. Matthew put a foot on his hurt shoulder as to ensure that he wouldn't escape, causing the man to let out a painful grunt.

"That's some aim you got there, America," Matthew complimented absentmindedly, the name oddly rolling off his tongue.

"I could've made a perfect headshot, but I figured it would be better if we didn't kill him."

Matthew nodded in agreement and looked at the people, still in a state of shock, inside Moonwater Inn, "I apologize for ruining your evenings. Please know that everything is being handled and you have nothing further to worry about. Once again, I apologize for the disruption." The inn finally broke into murmurs, either filing out the door or retreating into their rooms. Relieved that that situation was taken care of, Matthew turned his gaze back onto the black trump, which currently laid under his boot.

"I am going to make this very, very clear. I absolutely despise my subjects being hurt, especially the children. To know that a child was hurt because of me makes me extremely upset," Matthew explained and narrowed his normally meek, violet-blue eyes, "So it would be in your best interest to start explaining who you are, who you belong to, and why you wanted me." The blond pushed his foot further into the man's shoulder, purposely to cause pain, "And you might want to start talking quickly."