Diner Girl Chapter 5

It’s 5:30 and Jace texted me and said he would be here about 6. So I have less than 30 minuets to get dressed. I just got done curling my hair. I figured it would be a change considering I normally straighten it or it’s up in a pony tail. I’m in my bathroom putting on my make-up: powder foundation, black eyeliner, and mascara. By the time I finish that it is 5:48.

“Crap”!!!

I run to my room and pull out my new dark halter navy blue dress. It comes up to just below my mid-thigh and I put on my new Jessica Simpson Alek Open-Toe Pumps. I also put on my necklace that my grandmother had bought me when I was born. It’s a simple white gold chain with a little sapphire pendent. As soon as I put the necklace around and hook the clasp there is a knock at the door.

“Anna it‘s Jace.” my mom calls through the apartment, which isn’t that big. It’s just above the diner. The diner is small, has a couple of tables and some booths, then the bar area. It reminds me of Luke’s diner off of Gilmore Girls.

“Coming”! I answer as I grab my black raspberry vanilla body spray and spray on neck and wrists.

I make my way in to the living room where my mom is talking to Jace. He hears my shoes click against the floor and turns his head towards me.

“Wow” he breathes. 

“To fancy”? I question. I hope it isn’t. I knew I had to have this dress as soon as I saw it.

“No! You look beautiful”! he says quickly and I smile.

“Alright you two, get going. Jace make sure you have her home by 12:30. 1:00 at the latest.” my mom says. Wow I cant believe she’s letting me stay out that late.

“Yes ma‘am, I will” Jace replies while walking me out the door.

When we get to his car, which by the way is surprisingly one of the new 2011 Honda Civics, he opens my door for me and closes it once I’m inside. 

When he gets in beside me I say, “Huh”

“What”? 

“I would’ve never thought you would be driving a Honda Civic.” I say while stifling a giggle.

“Yeah, we, they‘re good cars and they are cheap on gas. And the way gas has been going up lately it‘s a good thing I have a Honda.”

“Jace, incase you forgot, your rich. You don’t need to save money on gas.”

“Ok fine. I don’t need to but I like to. It helps the environment.”

A couple minuets later I say, “Ok then. How much farther”?

“We’re here.”

As he pulled into the long driveway I started to get nervous. I’m about to meet his parents. What do I do? What do I say? What if they don’t like me, I’m not-

Dang it! I really need to stop doing that. It’s not like it matters. I’m not getting married to the guy. 

As we pull up to his house it reminds me of how our lifestyles are very different. 

He’s rich. I’m not. 

He lives in a frigging mansion. I live in a very small apartment. 

After he parks he gets out and opens my door for me.

“Thank you.” I say looking down so I can hide my blush and step out. 

“Welcome” he replies and smirks and takes my hand, pulling me towards his house.