Diner Girl Chapter 28

Its been five days since Parks told us that he and the family is moving. Jace and I have spent every free moment together that we could. Today is the day. The last day I will see Jace. My mom let me have the car today so I drove out to the Lavelle house to say good-bye. 

When I pull up Parks, Johanna and Logan are all outside putting stuff in the vehicles. Parks and Johanna in their vehicle. Logan in his car and then Jace will take his truck. They are having the other cars brought to them.

I walk up to Parks first. He gives me a soft smile then ruffles my hair. Johanna has a fear tears rolling down her cheek and she pulls me in for a hug. I step back and look at Logan. He’s looking down at the ground. 

“Anna--” he says then walks up to me and wraps me in a tight embrace, “I‘ll miss you, Little sister.” I smile at that.

“I‘ll miss you to, Brother.” I look at the family then towards the house, “Is Jace inside.”?

Logan looks at me and nods slowly.

I nod back in response and turn to head inside. I open the door to the house and realize that I will never be back here again. I slowly make my way to the stairs. I walk up them slowly, trailing my hand on the banister. I stop when I reach Jace’s door, take a deep breath and enter. I see him on the floor, leaning against the wall with one knee up and the other leg straight out in front of him. His hands holding a small box. He looks up when I enter.

“Belle.” he says with a fake small smile.

“Hi,” I reply and look down, trying to keep in my tears. But they fall anyway. He stands up and walks towards me. He pulls me into his arms and holds me. After a couple of minuets he releases me and wipes my tears away with his thumb. After he continues to hold my face.

“I wish I didn’t have to leave.” 

I let out a humorless laugh, “Me to.”

“Jace three minuets”!! Parks calls out from downstairs. He squeezes his eyes shut then opens them.

“Belle. Please remember I love you. Never forget that! I will see you soon!. I promise.”

“I love you too Jace and I always will.” As we spoke again I felt more tears roll down my face. I look at him and see a few roll down his as well.

“Here, this is for you. Open it after we leave. Ok”? he says handing me the little box he had when I walked in the room.

“Ok. Oh! Here, this is for you.”  I say as I hand him a box that I had in my pocket, “You can open it now, if you want.”

He smiles and nods his head. He opens the box and he snaps his head to me, “Belle, I cant take this.”

I smile, “Yes you can. Its yours. And it always will be.” Inside the box was a locket my grandfather gave me, in the shape of a heart. I had showed it to him a few days ago. 

He leans in to kiss me but we are interrupted by Parks, “Jace we have to go now.”

He narrows his eyes towards his dads voice. He walks to me and kisses me on the cheek and says I love you then walks out. I stand there for a minuet then bolt for the door. He’s just about to close the door on his truck when I make it outside.

“Jace”!! I yell. He stops and looks at me. He whips out of his truck and catches me as I fling myself in his arms. I kiss him with everything I have in me. I put all my emotions into that kiss. When he pulls back I stay wrapped up in his arms in a tight embrace. He mumbles ‘I love you’ from the moment he broke the kiss and still is. 

He lets me go and walks away slowly back towards his truck. He gets in and drives away, following his family. I see him looking in the rearview mirror. They turn out of the dive way and out of my life. I collapse on the ground when I feel something in my pocket. I pull it out and it’s Jace’s gift to me. I open it and gasp. Inside is a diamond ring with a note.

Belle, 

Keep this with you. I will return for it. And I will put this on your finger. That is a promise! I will find you again someday. You have my heart.

Love Jace.

I feel my eyes start to tear up again as I reread the note and take the ring out. I go to put it on my finger, but I stop. I want him to. When I see him again. 

________________________________________________________________________

this is NOT the end!!!!! i have two maybe three more chapters left!!