Diner Girl Chapter 19

We continue to drive for fifteen minuets and he will not tell me where we are going! It’s driving me insane!

After about three more minuets of driving he pulls into…the park?

“What are we doing here”? I inquire, totally confused.

“We are here for lunch” he replies smiling.

He leads me a spot under a tree. There is a blanket with a cooler sitting on it. We sit down and he starts to unpack the cooler. He pulls out sandwiches, apples and grapes and lemonade. Then he stands up and walks behind the tree and comes back with his ipod and the ipod dock. I smile and shake my head.

He smiles back, “Any song preference, my lady”? 

I roll my eyes and laugh, “Hmm, I don’t know”?

“Well I guess I‘ll just have to pick something then”

We eat, talk, and laugh for an hour and a half and I don’t think we have ever had that much fun. It feels as if everything is fixed between us.

“Alright. You ready”? he asks standing up.

I look up at him confused, “Um, ready for what”?

“For part two.” he says looking at me with ‘Duh’ across his features.

“Oh, yeah, I forgot there was more than one part.” I say as I remember our earlier conversation in the truck.(A/N I changed it from his car to his truck. Yes he does have two vehicles.) 

We pack up everything and head towards his truck. Once we are back in he heads towards the old open field in town.

“Why are we going to the field”? I ask. This makes no sense.

“You‘ll see,” he says, flashing me his famous grin.

“Ok. Can I turn the radio on”? I ask. He nods his head and I turn the volume up and Hunter Hayes’ song Storm Warning is on. I leave it on that and start singing.

I'm gonna wish I had a storm warning

I'm gonna wish I had a sign

I'm gonna wish I had a little heads up, little lee-way, little more time

Some kind of radar system, locked in on love

I got a feeling by the time the night finds the morning

I'm gonna wish I had a storm warning

Ain't it funny how it feels when you're burning your wheels somewhere between going and gone

You get so lost that you can't turn it off, you give in and you just turn it on

She's a heart full of rain, red lips like a flame, she's the girl from your favorite song

What a beautiful miss, 

A one part angel, one part perfect, one part wreck

The kind of flood you'll never forget

I'm gonna wish I had a storm warning

I'm gonna wish I had a sign

I'm gonna wish I had a little heads up, little lee-way, little more time

Some kind of radar system, locked in on love

I got a feeling by the time the night finds the morning

I'm gonna wish I had a storm warning, Whoa oh

After the song ended we pulled into a parking lot not far from the field and Jace came around to open my door.

I smile up at him, “Thanks”

He smiles back and nods his head.

We start walking towards the field and Jace grabs my hand. I look up at him shocked. We’ve never held hands before. Huh. I intertwine our fingers and lean closer to him.

We get to the field and my eyes light up. A carnival?! He sees my expression and laughs and pulls me towards the entrance. 

We go on all the rides, almost. After a few hours there and when we are about to leave I ask if we can go onto the Ferris Wheel. Jace smiles and pulls me towards it. We get on cart and we start to head to the top.

As we reach the top the Ferris wheel stalls, so now we are stuck. We look at each other and laugh. Then after we stop laughing he leans in towards me slowly, he’s giving me time to back away if I want. But I don’t. 

Our lips almost meet when it starts rain. We both look up then look each other back in the eyes and lean in again. He puts his hands in my hair as our lips touch and it feels right to be with him. He deepens the kiss and the ride jerks and we start to head down but we never break the kiss. 

When we reach the bottom the guy has to clear his throat to get us to break up. I look down feeling a blush rise to my cheeks and Jace laughs as we get off and start to head for the carnival exit. His phone beeps and he looks down at the text message and smiles. 

“C’mon” he says and grabs my and pulls me towards the truck.

When we reach the truck we get in and stare out the window. Then we both start laughing.

After we stop I turn to him, “Thank you.”

“For what”? 

“Today”

He leans in and pecks me on the lips.

“Yeah? Well it‘s not over yet” he says smirking.

I raise an eyebrow. He just shakes his head. 

~~~~~~~~~

When we get to another open field and Jace gets out and opens the tailgate. I get out of the truck and walk around to the back of the truck.

“What are you doing”? I ask. He smiles at me and shakes his head. He walks back to the truck and pulls out some blanket and a cooler, a different one than from earlier. He walks back and puts the cooler on the tailgate and hops up and starts to spread the blankets out. He then grabs the cooler and sets it down on the blankets, still by the tailgate though. After he holds out a hand to help me up. I cock my head to the side but take his hand anyway.

After I’m up we sit down and he starts pulling stuff out of the cooler.

He takes out his ipod and ipod dock again and he pulls out some cokes(A/N where I come from we call any type of soft drink ‘coke‘ unless we NEED to be specific) and some containers. He brings it back to where I’m sitting and spreads everything out. 

I must still look confused because he explains, “I figured we could have a picnic under the stars”

I smile, “Sounds good to me.”

________________________________________________________________________

I know this is late and im sooooo sorry, but I do have a good excuse! When I was gonna upload, which was Friday, there was a thunder storm and I couldn’t connect to the internet, then I stayed at my brothers Saturday and Sunday nights and we went to Waterville Sunday and I was to tired and worn out yesterday to upload, so again SORRY!!   

Vote, Comment, and Fan!!!!???? Please!!!!