Alone Again

• Dedicated to Canada

"For that?" 

"Yes, Olivia." Mrs. Daniels croaked while taking a seat very softly. She always did that when she was tucking me in bed at night. "It's illegal to sell yourself for..." 

"I didn't think there was any laws for that." I barely whispered cutting her off ashamedly. 

"It was being discussed in Canada, but it's moving it's way to the Buffalo New York area." She said staring me in the eyes. It was awkward so I looked away. 

"So how long am I supposed to be in jail?" I said sounding incredibly calm.

She gave me a sad look. Why was she so depressed? I mean, she has a family, a life. Why can't she let go of me like I did. 

"I bailed you out." She said, which broke my trance. I was shocked for awhile. 

"But that costs a lot," I said.

"Actually since the law is just made it doesn't cost as much." She informed. 

"Oh." 

"What's wrong, Liv?" 

"Don't call me that."

"Why not?" 

"Because I'm not your "Liv" anymore." She sat there gaping at me. "And your not my Mom, Mommy, Ma. None of it, anymore." 

Silence.

"I know---"

"Then why won't you let go!" I shouted. "Do you know how hard it is to live without a mom? To not show me how to deal with a period? To soothe me if a guy broke my heart?" 

"I know and I'm---" She began.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I got real angry now. "It's always sorry! Why can't people just stop saying sorry and actually taking action to make me feel better."

"You want me to start letting go?" Mrs. Daniels said. "Okay." 

Mrs. Daniels stood up, scraping her chair across the linoleum floor. 

"Where are you going." The words jumped out of my mouth.

"Your free, Ms." She said while opening the door and stepping out.

I slumped in my chair. 

Alone again. 

******************

kayyyyy i know this is short but i'm in a rush. It's canada day and i am canadian. :) celebrations happening. Oh and tell me if you want me to upload. Kind of busy so don't expect me to upload. (with the exception of FROZEN) thanks bah bye

kel