Bad Boys

I was Sixteen now. Times had changed. Fifteen was great because I got my life together, got clothes, went to school, made friends, got good grades, met the love of my life, AND lost my virginity. For a life like mine? Absolutely amazing. I couldn't believe it myself either.

So this is when Juarez finally got into a gang. Mike joined it too. Trent didn't feel good about that thought and stayed out. I thought it would be cool to he in a gang. So I joined anyway. We smoked some weed. It was pretty typical. Until one of the kids at the gang house brought out a pistol.

"Look at this shit fool." He said.

I examined the gun. It scared me so I asked

"Hey... is it on safety?"

"Bruh, it's just a gun dude for real..." Said Juarez, I could tell he was full on stoned like a rock. I looked at Mike and he was optimistic like always.

"Guns aren't bad. It's the people who use them who make them look bad!" He exclaimed.

"C'mon guys, when would we ever need these? Why would we need to pull the trigger!"

"Don't be such a pussy fool damn..." Said the member.

"We only have one rival gang dude, and they don't have any guns. We're good." Said Mike.

I still didn't trust the idea being brought up. Last thing I saw about guns resulted in Angelo's near death. Not for me.

Then I knew the karma would kick in,

"HEY NIGGAS! COME THE FUCK OUT!" Yelled the harsh voices outside.

"Dying is not on my bucket list guys."

"Here, stay behind me. I'll come out. Don't show any threat, we'll be fine." Said Mike.

We all came out of the door and saw the opposite gang. "We heard you fool ass niggas got GUNS?! THAT TRUE?!" They called out.

Mike approached the situation calmly as possible. "Yeah, but we were only gonna shoot bottles dog. Not you." Replied Mike.

I stood next to the gang member with the gun while Juarez was still out of reality behind us. The enemy members looked mad at us. I could see it in their eyes. They wanted something in return for our guns or something. Or so I thought.

"Put all yo bitch ass guns down right now then!" Shouted one of the opposite gang's members.

I put my hands up and looked at the dude next to me, but he stood unresponsive to their demand.

"DID Y'ALL FUCKING HEAR ME?" Repeated the gang member.

Mike and I said we didn't have guns and they kept doubting us.

"Dude I swear, Austin and I DO NOT have guns!" Shouted Mike.

"I'm not finna gon repeat myself niggas!" Said the gang member.

Then my life flashed before my eyes, I don't know who shot first but all I hear is

"Fuck you!"

Then gunshots. I run for my life into the house. I didn't get shot or anything as I made my suttle escape. I hear people screaming and yelling about shit outside and peek out the blinds with bravery.

What I saw, I couldn't unsee. I saw Mike's face a pulp with pistol caps stuck in his skull. Pools of blood surrounded his corpse. Opposite gang members dead and one wounded. Juarez was shot up. Still breathing, next to our door. The other kid laid next to Mike and held his corpse in his arms. Crying.

"HOLY FUCKING SHIT!" I scream at full volume.

I run out to go help Juarez. He is barely breathing and has gun wounds in his torso.

"Juarez?! Stay with me! I can help you man!"

I looked over at the other guy and I was about to tell him to go and call 911 and the barrel of a gun was pointing at my forehead. I put my hands up.

"Woah, woah! What is this for man? I'm only trying to help Juarez!"

"If we call the cops, I'm going to jail man... I can't afford that."

"We don't have to blame it on you man! We can try to lie!"

"Fuck that, fingerprint tracking and shit." He then pushes his thumb down the edge of the pistol to make it ready to fire again.

"Well what are you going to do if you kill us all then?"

"SHUT the fuck up nigga!"

"You think you're fucking tough?!"

I was trying to stall him until the cops came back. I was unsure if it would work. My life was at a complete risk. Others were already dead.

"Fuck you kid! You don't know me!'

"I know that you're a murdering piece of shit you fucking asshole!"

His finger was right on the trigger, I was afraid, but I already heard sirens in the distance to my rescue.

"WHAT ARE YOU TRYNA PROVE FOOL!"

"I'VE GONE THROUGH HELL AND BACK MOTHERFUCKER."

"SHUT UP YOU SPOILED FUCK!"

"I'M SPOILED?! AHAHAHAHA! MY PARENTS ARE ALL DEAD, AND MY ONLY FRIENDS THAT ARE ALIVE ARE PROBABLY TRENT BECAUSE OF YOU!"

"THAT'S EXACTLY RIGHT! I COULD END YOUR LIFE WITH THE PULL OF A TRIGGER!"

"FUCKING DO IT THEN PUSSY! YOU ALREADY DID IT TO LIKE THREE OTHER GUYS, AND GOT ANOTHER TWO WOUNDED BECAUSE OF YOUR RETARDED ACTI-"

He pulled the trigger...