Excitement

I woke up to another day of sitting on my ass in prison. What a boring life to live.

I couldn't blame Austin for being a dick to Shepherd. He was a dick, and in my opinion, not a good private investigator, at all.

Terry had woken up, in the cell beside mine.

"Hey man, you up?" whispered a bedridden Terry.

"Yeah man, I've been up." I replied.

"You know, for someone like you, I didn't expect you to be the early bird type, Angelo." said Terry.

"Fuck it man, what else would I do?" I asked.

"I don't know. Whenever I had nothing to do in this shit-hole, I'd jerk off." Terry replied.

We both shared a good laugh together and I followed that up.

"Well you're not wrong, Terry!" I laughed.

It had been one of the only laughs I've had in a while. Shepherd's call was very inconclusive, as I was shoved into prison without a court showing, nor an actual revealed sentence. I think they're still deciding what the hell to do with me, since they finally caught me.

Since then I've been able to make the best out of it. After all, I met and built up a friendship with Terry over the past few days. He's a black dude, built well physically, has a funny southern-like accent. From what he told me, he was falsely accused of having sexual relations with a white, sixteen year old female. He says it was only him acting as a father figure for her since her parents weren't around, due to some things he'd rather not bring up.

He says that she was the one who actually accused him of raping her and shit. That shit got me all sorts of fucked up. I couldn't believe that. But what got me even more messed up, is how he mentioned the idle matter of her parents. It reminded me of Austin. All I have is hope for him. He's like the son I never was able to have. I was too busy being with the "bad boys" as Carlos' mom called us. The name spread well amongst the people we knew.

I was too busy selling drugs, rather than making an actual name for myself out there. People who knew about this, ridiculed my ways. I could understand. I was fueling an addiction for all kinds of people, all for my own benefit. I never really knew my actual intentions when escaping El Salvador. I doubt the others knew it too. Not even Carlos, which we knew him as the smart one.

He was the man with the plan, always found a way to support the weight. Even though he was the more quiet and skeptical one, I think that's what kept us alive. Kept Juan alive more than anyone else at that.

"You know, when I get out, I'm gonna pay for your bail, man. That's if you even get a price for it." Terry chuckled.

"Shepherd's a dick. Remember the whole situation I told you about the other day? My story?" I asked.

"Yeah. Something about a kid named Austin who saved you after escaping that one Spanish place, then something about a gang shootout Austin experienced, and some girl named Attison?" Terry replied.

"Alison."

"Isn't that what I said?"

"Anyways, well I wasn't able to tell you the whole thing because we got caught up on some shit. So Austin was threatened by Shepherd and he covered for me. Austin was doing fine after the whole confrontation and I thought we were in the clear. Austin grew up fine, he stopped talking to Alison and never brought her up again. He went to a free community college for the hell of it, and then all the sudden I get a knock at my door." I explained.

"That sounds shady as fuck." Terry said.

"That's what I was thinking man! I open the door and it's fucking Shepherd, he tells me that he's going to 'take me in' for what I've done. I deny his bullshit, doubt him, and then shut the door and lock it. I knew he was knocking again so I quickly loaded my glock that I had." I took a quick breath in order to keep going.