Chapter 16: Tony

Damien's POV

"No," I growl. "There is no way in Hell, Heaven, Nirvana, Purgatory, Paradise —"

"So you'd rather her die?" Livvy snaps just as Alena screams as she wakes up.

"No, I— not him!" I growl.

"Well, he's becoming more of her mate than you are. He's marked her already and he's the only one who can —"

I press Alena to my chest tightly, "Mine!"

"Damien," she growls. "You have 2 choices right now: Give me the keys to the prison so you can save Alena, or keep her here where she will die in less than 24 hours."

"I'm gonna die?" Alena whispers. I can smell the salt of her tears. "I don't want to die!" she whispers.

I massage my temple. "Fine," I hiss. I place Alena on the bed gently and begin to think positive thoughts.

Rainbows and glitter and butterflies.

I repeat it over and over in my head. I let out a deep breath and walk into my office. I open the drawer on the far left of my desk and lift the bottom of it. I grab my keys from underneath it and hold them in a tight grip.

Dead rogues. Dead rogues.

"Hurry it up," Livvy growls frustratingly. I give her a discreet glare and walk into my room. Alena is awake and trying to fall back asleep.

She holds out her arms towards me like an infant and I lift her like a child.

On the walk to the pack prison, my grip on her tightens. More positive thoughts.

Dead Tony.

Alena begins to whine and my mom feels her forehead. "She's hotter than the sun." She frowns. "She needs to be with him now."

I ignore her. She doesn't need Tony. She needs me. I shut my eyes as I open the door to the pack prison and stop.

More positive thoughts.

I hold Alena and she hugs me back with her frail arms around my neck. I kiss the top of her head. This is for her. This is for Alena.

Alena is awake as I walk towards Tony's cell. She probably gave up on going to sleep. I sigh and kiss her forehead again. It's beginning to grow into a habit. By the time we reach the cell, Alena is a lot warmer than me.

Tony stands up and stares at her with lustful eyes. I growl at him and press her closer to me. "Mine," I growl at him. He narrows his eyes at me in silence.

"Damien.," Livvy prompts.

I dig into my pocket for my keys and pull them out. Tony remains silent and backs up as I open his cell. I had a witch come and perform a spell on him to halt his powers so that he can no longer get out. It was the one precaution my men forgot to take when imprisoning him. "I'm only doing this for her," I spit out as I gently place Alena on the ground. She tiredly looks up at me and furrows her eyebrows.

I back up and close the cell. "She's my mate now, isn't she?" Tony chuckles as I finish locking his cell. "You denied the bond too long and she was beginning to become my mate." he laughs.

"Shut up," I growl.

"You denied your own mate. And for what?" He caresses her cheek. "She's mine now," he whispers, placing a small kiss on her cheek. I ram the bars in anger. Is he trying to get himself killed? I growl at him nonstop. Alena is mine and she will always be mine.

He hugs her tightly and she squeezes him back. I watch the two of them in pain. "Damien?" she whispers softly as she stares at Tony. I want to smirk but I'm not the one with the upper-hand exactly.

Tony brushes her hair, whispering, "It's Tony, darling."

Her eyes fly open and she jumps out of his grip. "Go!" She yells, her back hitting the bars of the cell. "Damien!" She screams.

"Lena, I'm here. I'm right here." I hold the bars. She runs over weakly and holds my hands tightly as tears brim her eyes.

"Damien, please! He's going to hurt me!" She sobs. "Don't let me go!" It pains me to see her like this, but I need her in my life. She's the only one who can fill the void inside of me, and Lycans with mates is a once in a lifetime chance. Literally. We get one mate and one mate alone. Without her, I'm lost. And as long as she bears my mark, her life is literally my own.

"It's okay," I soothe and I brush her hair with my fingers. Tony appears behind her with a malicious grin on his face. "Just relax and get as much sleep as you can, okay?" I whisper and she nods. "I promise this will be over soon. Do you trust me?" She hesitates before nodding.

"I trust you." She whispers dryly, and Tony pulls her into an embrace that makes my blood boil.

'There's no time to feel sorry for yourself. You did this to her and yourself.' My Lycan butted in.

He's right.

Alena's POV

I'm 6. It was my birthday and mom told me she's taking me somewhere and she will contact someone who can save Chase. The only one who can save him. She also said I'm the only one who can convince him because he prefers the pleading of children than of adults.

"Hello!" I yelled and my voice echoed throughout the forest. I saw darkness rush through the trees and I took a step back from where it was. "Please help," I begged silently. I heard crackling in the distance. I then take off running. I'm terrified and I don't like this.

"Mom!" I yelled running through the trees. It was silent. "Mom!" I screamed again.

I turned around and narrowed my eyes at the trees. I began running away from the shuffling, only to trip on a stray branch. "Oof!" I stared down at the deep cut that was pouring with blood from my leg.

"Mommy! Momma!" I yelled.

"Your mother's not here," a deep voice growled. I peeked up and saw a man much bigger than me. "Let me fix that." He bit into his arm and let his own blood drip onto my cut. The cut sealed away almost instantly.

"Magic..." I whispered and stood back up. I wiped the remaining blood away and faced the man who fixed me. "My name is Alena!" I smiled at him. "It's my birthday and I turn 6." My grin widened and the man rolled his eyes.

"Happy birthday, kid." He snorted, "I'm a lot older than you are, that's for sure." He grumbled it but I still heard.

How old are you?"

"Old enough," he shrugged.

"That doesn't answer my question," I replied.

"Why are you asking?"

"Just curious."

"Which age do you want to know?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Your real age." I replied in a 'duh' tone.

He shrugged, "About 567. Maybe 600. I lost count 300 years ago."