Chapter 12: Search

Damien's POV

Her lips are melting against mine. She makes my heart skip in my chest. I pull her over into my lap and hold her close by her waist. As I reach into her shirt from the bottom, and I can feel her wince in pain from the bruises. "Do you want to tell me who did it to you?" I ask gently. I mask my anger because I don't want to scare her. She ignores me and pulls me in for another kiss. I allow my hands to explore upward and I can feel my fingertips brush against her bra strap and she shivers at my touch. I move my kisses down to her neck and I start to lick and suck on her mark. When she moans it turns me on even more. I start to unclip her bra when someone barges into the room.

"This better be good," I growl as I face Harold. Alena wiggles around in my grip to get free but I hold her tightly.

"We're under attack." That single statement puts me into my warrior mode. I stand up with Alena in my arms and he says, "I've arranged for Alena's transport. Tony will be taking her." He and I walk out of the room with Alena in my arms.

'There's thousands of rogues incoming on our land,' he explains through mindlink. 'Should I evacuate the pack?'

"Damien!" Alena snaps me out of my trance and I pay attention to her.

"Yes?"

"Where is Tony taking me?" I don't have the time for her endless questions. She needs to go somewhere safe.

I put her down and nod at Harold. "Somewhere safe," I vaguely answer. She looks unsatisfied but I don't have the time to break everything down to her detail-by-detail. "I have to get to my father. What about Livvy and my sisters?" I inquire.

"Kelly is transporting them to the second location," says Harold as Tony runs down the hall.

Tony appears rushing down the hall towards us. "I came as fast as I can," he says breathlessly. "Come on, Luna," he points in the direction he came from.

Alena looks back at me with a pleading glance. I pray to the Moon Goddess she doesn't have an episode right now in the middle of all of this. "Not now, Lena," I growl gently. She sags her shoulders and reluctantly follows Tony and they disappear down the hall. My wolf stirs deep inside of me. There's something strange about this entire thing, but I don't have time to question it. I need to step up and lead my pack.

When she's out of sight, I shift with Harold. 'Lets go,' I start to run downstairs. The steps are specially designed for wolves, so the steps are easy to navigate while we've shifted. I nudge the door to the stairwell open and enter the foyer. My father is already there.

He nods to both Harold and I and then folds his arms. 'I'm letting you handle this situation, son. Let's see how well you can do.' He mindkinks me and I can hear the cockiness in his voice. He believes my methods are ineffective.

Harold and I dash out the front door and meet an army of rogues. It's unusual to see them in large groups like this. There's usually a couple in one area, but this is unusual. My suspicions start to peak as I notice none of them are attacking. There are about 50 of our men lined up to fight them. They're ready to attack on my command.

'Something isn't right,' my wolf says. I have to agree with him. Rogues are usually never a problem for us. A lot of rogues agree with my father and his plan to take down other packs. There's one single rogue in the lead of the pack, and I approach him. I size him up and narrow my eyes. He looks unbothered.

'What's your business here?' I ask.

'Orders from our leader.' He replies. I suppose this could be a rising rebellion of rogues against my father or me. Still, why attack now? There has to be a reason. I lunge at the rogue, but he dodges me. My men start to attack the army of rogues as well as I focus on this single one. He glares at me and doesn't move a muscle. When I examine my men, I notice none of the rogues are attacking. All of them are acting on defense and dodging any attacks they receive.

The rogue in front of me gives me an evil grin, and I narrow my eyes back at him. All of a sudden, the rogues freeze. They all look at one another, and in unison, they dash into the woods. 'Don't go after them!' I command my men. I shift back and one of them tosses me a pair of shorts I throw on. 'Is anyone hurt?' I question.

'No, Alpha, they just dodged us.' Harold sounds shocked. This is definitely no ordinary attack.

'But why now?' My wolf presses. I rack my brain for any reason they would have for attacking. I freeze as a chilling realization strikes me. Alena.

'I want everyone to report back to—' I stop, feeling weaker. My connection with Alena is fading. 'Lena!' I call out through mindlink. I can feel that she's in some sort of pain. 'Lena, what's wrong?' I shout although I know she won't be able to respond. My hands start to shake and my heart paces in my chest. My wolf howls, losing connection to her.

'Tony!' I shout, but his mindlink is fuzzy. He must be knocked out.

"Alpha, what's happening?" Asks one of my soldiers. For the first time in my life, I feel an emotion I've never encountered before and it's driving me insane: fear.

___

Her scent is mixed with blood, her blood. I feel anger growing inside of me as I pick up Tony by the collar of his shirt. He slowly opens his eyes, "A-Alpha?" He asks. "Wh.... Where is she? Wh.... Where's Luna?"

"You tell me! What the hell happened?" I growl. "Who the hell took her?"

"I just remember a... a rouge running in front of the van. We... We crashed. I couldn't move. He knocked me out." He says shakily. None of his story is adding up to me and I glare at him.

I growl and throw him back on the ground. "Everyone track their scents, and do it now," I order.

'Lena.' I try calling out again, but it's like searching for a needle in a haystack. "Search every inch!" I bark.

Alena's POV

I sniff again, rubbing away the fresh set of tears. "Hey," I greet as I sit on the ground, staring at the grave. "I didn't know where else to go." I blink away my tears. "Mom and dad are gone, you're gone. Everyone's gone," I state.

"I don't know what to do anymore." I'm expecting an answer, but I know I won't get one. "Everything has been different since you left. Everything. It just went... Downhill. The truth is that I'm scared,  Chase. I'm only 17 and I'm alone. I don't know how to live on my own. I can't do it. I don't know where to go," I sob.

Silence.

"If given the chance, I would go back to Damien," I sadly admit. It may not be the most ideal place to go, but it's somewhere. "I would even go to..." I trail off. My brain clicks, and I shoot up.

"Thanks, Chase!" I wipe away the tears and begin to run. It had to be. There isn't anywhere else they would be! I feel stupid for not thinking about it.

___

Am I really doing this? I bring my hand up to knock, but stop. I'm going to have to see him again, and probably a girl around his arm as well. It makes me angry thinking about Max. I draw in a breath and knock on the door.

There is shuffling behind the door before someone opens it. "L-Lena?" The familiar red-headed woman answers.

"Mom!" I cry, hugging her tightly. "I missed you so much!"

She squeezes me back, "My baby," She sobs.

"Alena?"

I open my eyes and meet the eyes of my father. "Dad!" I scream and he runs toward me, embracing both my mother and I.

"We missed you so much princess," he mutters and I can see the happy tears brimming his eyes.

"I missed you more," I mumble back.

"What is that on your neck?" My mother asks as we pull away. I completely forgot about the cut on my neck. "Dear lord, Alena, you're bleeding!" I start to feel drowsy too, and my mom feels my forehead. "And you're burning up."

"We need to take you to the hospital." my dad picks me up, but the dizziness has overcome my body. I find myself paralyzed in his arms and my eyelids grow heavier.

"Keep your eyes open," I hear my dads voice drown in my ears, but the darkness gets the best of me.