Chapter 2: Kidnapped

"Mine," he snarls and takes long strides toward me. My feet are planted to the ground and I close my eyes when he approaches me. The other 2 men in the room are silent. The one with the weapon has his head bowed. Alpha stares at me, then turns around. "Take her," he orders.

"W-w-wait, no!" I exclaim. "No, please! Please just kill me!" I sob. My mom warned me about allowing an abductor to take me to a second location.  My heart starts to accelerate as the man with the gun digs into his pocket and pulls out a bottle.

"I wasn't expecting any prisoners, but my gut told me to bring this along," he grumbles as he pours the liquid onto a cloth. I come to the conclusion that it can be nothing other than chloroform. The blood from the owner of the store is starting to surround my feet, and more tears form in my eyes. I didn't expect the last time I see my parents to have been this day. The other man who hasn't said a word but watches all of this unfold finally sits up with his weapon.

"Quickly," Alpha orders and leaves the store. The man with the chloroform grabs my arm forcefully, but I shove him back. He uses more strength to subdue me, and soon I'm in his arms with the cloth over my mouth. I hold my breath and kick and fight against him to set me free.

"She's a fighter," The man grunts as he holds the cloth up to my mouth. I continue to fight as much as I can, even when I can feel my lungs aching for me to breathe. I start to fight him less and less the more the pain starts to get to me. Finally, I make my body go limp and I fall into his arms with my eyes closed. The cloth is removed from my mouth, so I take slow breaths to recover from holding my breath for so long. "That was fast," the one holding me comments and he lifts me up and over his shoulder.

A new voice laughs, "she can't be no more than 120 pounds." I assume the voice belongs to the one that wasn't actively involved. I can hear the chime of the door opening, then the wind brushing past my face. I listen to the footsteps which indicate that all of the men are outside now, but with my eyes closed I don't know where Alpha is. The man carrying me lies me against a flat surface. "I can't believe this human is his mate."

"Do you think Alpha will kill her?"

He laughs, "he can't kill her without killing himself. Toss the keys." I can hear the sound of keys flying in the air and then being caught successfully, then he walks away.

I peek open an eye and survey my surroundings without making it blatantly obvious that I'm conscious. The man that carried me is starting the car and the other one is leaning against the gas pump facing my direction. I don't see the other one anywhere. I jump up and book it the opposite way.

"Hey!" The nearest guy yells as I rush as fast as possible to the trees. My heart is pacing in my chest and the fear of being caught drives me to keep moving forward despite my aching legs.

My feet lock in position as soon as a loud gunshot rings throughout my ear. "Go in those woods and I'll hunt you down," a deep voice booms. I clear my throat as I slowly turn around. Alpha is standing just feet away from me with his gun drawn and pointed toward the air. I gulp as his piercing brown eyes narrow at me.

"P-please," I blink away the tears I can feel stinging my eyes. "I have a family."

He looks unfazed as he turns the shotgun to the ground and lifts it by the butt end. Before I can open my mouth, the last thing I see is the end of the gun coming right toward my face, then nothingness.

___

I wake up in a nice, soft bed and I immediately know something is off. My bed isn't even a bed. It's just a bunch of couch cushions pushed up together for a makeshift bed. Upon opening my eyes, I see a pink ceiling. The room obviously belongs to a girl by the horrendous display of pink everywhere. The events before I blacked out replay in my head and I feel my heart drop into my stomach. I was kidnapped.