Heading Home

Ed's POV
"Brother, Brother wake up." Al called. I opened my eyes slowly and sat up. I was about to flinch away from Al but I stopped myself. "Oh hey Al. What's up?" I asked. "It's time for dinner Ed." He chuckled. "Oh. Okay. I'll be right there." I responded. He nodded and walked out of the room. I stood up and composed myself. I walked out of the room and towards everyone. I took a seat next to Al and Granny wouldn't stop looking at me. "Yes?" I asked. "Your still short." She said. "WHO ARE YOU CALLING SO SMALL THAT EVEN ANTS CAN'T SEE ME?!" I yelled, causing everyone to laugh. "It's good to see your back to your old self again Ed." She said. "Whatever." I muttered and began to eat. Winry looked at me confused. "Not you to Winry..." I muttered. She shook her head. "No it's not your height Ed....hmm never mind." She said. I nodded.
After dinner I stood up. "I wanna go back to Central." I said. "Brother are you sure?" Al asked. I nodded. Winry sighed. "I saw that one coming." She muttered. Granny nodded in agreement. "Be careful Ed." She said. I smiled confidently at them. "I'll be fine. Trust me on this." I said. Al sighed. "I guess we better get going them." Al said. I nodded. "I'm gonna have to fix my clothes to. I'll be right back." I said, walking into the room I previously slept in. I stripped myself of my clothing, leaving me in my boxers. I clapped my hands together, fixing my jacket, shirt and pants. As I was about to get dressed Winry barged in. "Ed! Shower first!" She scolded me. Once she realized I was only in my boxers a giant blush spread across both of our faces. "Sorry." She muttered and closed the door. "I started the shower for you...seeing you probably won't..." She called through the door. I nodded and put my clothes on and walked towards the bathroom. "Thanks Win." I called. I stripped myself of my clothes again and I froze. I had to take off my bandages. There was another knock on the door. "Brother?" Al called. "Yeah?" I asked. "I have some bandages for you." He opened the door and set them on the table next to it. "Thanks..." I muttered. The door closed again and I bit my lip. I had to take these bandages off. I began taking them off, revealing my wounds. The bandages were covered in specks of blood and dirt. They fell in a small pile on the ground and I stepped into the shower. I cleaned off the dirt and blood that was in my hair and the dirt was washed off of my body. A couple minutes later, I stepped out and stared at my wounds. Panic washed over my body. My eyes grew wide and I growled. "Calm down!" I growled as I slapped myself. "I'm fine. I'm okay." I said. I calmed myself down and wrapped my wounds. Then I got dressed. I stepped out of thr bathroom. "Come on Al. Let's go." I said. He nodded. "Bye Ed!" Winry called. "Yeah bye!" I responded.