Thunder Thighs

"Riley," Maya banged on the window. "Open this window right now!"

Riley looked up from her book, and went over and opened the window. She stepped back, and Maya entered her room.

"What happened to your forehead today?" Maya asked, sitting on the bay window.

"I already told you, I tripped." Riley feigned innocence, sitting down next to Maya.

Riley glanced at her legs, wishing she could hide them. She could hide her bulging stomach with lose tops, but her legs were harder.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

"Why do I get the feeling you're lying to me?" Maya asked her, her voice having a hard edge to it.

"I wouldn't know, because I'm not lying." Riley said, twisting one of her dark chocolate locks I'm her hand.

"Riles," Maya said, her voice growing quiet. "Is this the bully again?"

"No, it's not." Riley shot her down.

This time she wasn't lying. It wasn't the cyberbully this time, no, this time it was a bully with what seemed like, well, experienced. She stared at her hands.

God, even your hands are fat.

She shoves her hands under her thighs. Hiding fat with fat, how ironic.

A knock pulled her out of her thoughts.

Lucas and Farkle were sitting outside the window. Maya opened up the window, and Riley let her, despite how much she didn't want her to.

Don't let them see me like this. In fact, don't let them see me at all.

"Are you okay Riley?" Lucas asked, not bothering to even look anywhere but her.

Riley was his main priority. If someone hurt his Riley, his little ray of sunshine, they better watch out.

"I'm fine Lucas," She said exasperatedly. "Really, I just hit my head."

Maya and Lucas and Farkle exchanged a look.

I don't believe her for one second.

"Okay Riley." Farkle said, shoving his hands in his jeans pocket.

If Riley didn't want to tell the truth, she wasn't going to. There was no use bugging her about it he figured.

"Excuse me." Riley said suddenly, getting up and rushing out of the room.

She went into the bathroom, locking the door. She pulled her phone out of her pocket, looking at the text she got.

How's it going, Thunder Thighs?

Hot, burning tears prickled at her eyes.

Leave me alone.

But where's the fun in that? See ya around, fatso.

Riley laughed bitterly. Maybe he wasn't experienced, "fatso" wasn't exactly good. Or original. But that didn't matter, it did the trick all the same.

Silent tears rolled down her cheeks, dry sobs rocked her body.

"Riley, are you okay?" Maya called through the door.

"I'm fine." She called back, her voice thick and breaking.

"No you're not." Maya said worriedly.

"I'm fine!" Riley shouted, her sobs no longer silent.

She slid down the wall, bringing up her knees and shoving her face in them, all while crying.

"Riley, open this door!" Lucas said frantically, pounding on the door.

Riley just kept crying.