Chapter Two

Tyler's point of view

I hop out of the helicopter with my black backpack in hand. My all-black outfit does nothing to repel the evil rays being shown down upon me from the burning flame in the sky- also known as the sun. Jesus, it's far too early in the morning to be sneaking around.

"Mathew," Caspar called out to me as I slung my black backpack over my shoulder. "Here." He placed my silver gun in the palm of my hand. I quickly fumbled around to put it back in its holster. "Watch it, Lee." I grip the front of his jacket, narrowing my eyes at him. "My bad, I must've forgotten that we're in a completely empty field."

"When's Franta getting here?" I released the front of his jacket, lightly smoothing out the wrinkles. "You're going to follow the directions on your phone." I reach into the inside of my jacket, fishing my phone out of the pocket. "What directions? There's nothing on here." "Wait for it, Matt." He held up a finger.

I wait a few seconds, about to speak up again when the phone begins to ring. "See?" I rolled my eyes, answering the phone. "Yeah?" "Mathew, since you picked up I'm going to assume that you've landed safely in Sydney. You will have to be on the road by six am."

"Where's Connor?" He's our most trusted allies who's been watching over Troye for the last three years. Undercover, of course. "He'll be driving down the highway at precisely six. Don't be late."

"What's he gonna do, slow down to ten mph and have me jump in the moving vehicle?" I joke. "Yes. Uh, that's exactly what he's going to do.. How did you know that?"

"That kid hasn't changed one bit since our last mission together." I hang up, sliding the phone back into my jacket pocket.

"You look totally inconspicuous in that robbery outfit." Caspar joked, running his fingertips along the silver zipper of my jacket. "Shut up. I haven't gotten my undercover outfit yet."

I walk away from him, never once looking back.

~

I see the black jeep a few hundred feet off slow down to around ten mph, but the driver couldn't look any different from Connor. He must've gotten caught following Troye and had to change his appearance. I follow my bosses instructions, chasing the moving car. It slows down even more and I open the passenger door.

"Fancy seeing you here, Franta." I smirk, buckling up. "Nice hair." I look him up and down, checking out his jet black hair and blue eyes. He's wearing all black and has pierced ears.

"Heh, Zoe had to change my appearance. Apparently, Troye still has his spy-like instincts and realized about a year ago that he was being followed by me."

I was about to spit out a witty comeback but stopped myself just in time, instead asking a serious question. "How's he doing?" He glanced at me for a second before looking back to the road.

"Other than being targeted by Russian assassins, he's doing alright, I guess. He's been touring a lot, thats the main reason I've had to hack into a lot of security cameras recently. By the way, my undercover name is Ethan."

"Ethan," I test out his undercover name. "So Ethan, has Troye been on any dates as of recent?" I bite my lip, fiddling around with a small pocket knife. "Well, I saw him bring a young man back to his hotel room a month or two ago-" I grip the knife tightly, making it tear through the surface of my skin. "-but that could've been for any reason, really. He often brings home business partners and his manager, Emma."

I drop the bloody pocket knife on my lap, biting back a groan. I failed and a loud whimper slipped past my lips. "Matt, what the fuck? You're bleeding all over the seat! This is a new car!- I mean, are you okay?" I groaned, pointing to the pocket knife on my lap. Since Connor- Ethan is driving, I turned to the backseats, lifting a blanket to find two rifles just casually lying there. Those are certainly not napkins..

"Ethan! Do you always just casually carry around two rifles in your jeep?" I stare at the side of his head incredulously.

"No, and those are not just rifles, those are sniper rifles. We have a job to get done." So this is an assassination mission. I shouldn't have thought any less of it.

"You know how to shoot a gun accurately, right?" He glanced at me, handing over some napkins. I stared off into space as the memories flooded my mind.

"Matt, stand with your feet a shoulders width apart, square your shoulders and face your target." I do as told, making sure to keep good posture and hold the handgun far away from my body. I turn to face the blue, person shaped target on the wall. I release the safety and place my finger over the trigger, I get into position and fire. I ended up missing, hitting the target board beside it.

"I can do better than that blindfolded. Try again." Troye comes up from behind me, positioning my body correctly. I intake a sharp breath of air when his chest pressed against my back, I swallowed, blushing like mad. "I'd like to see you try."

"Are you challenging me, Oakley?" He took a few steps back, smirking. I nod, handing my gun to him. He shakes his head, asking me to back up. He placed a hand over his eyes, holding the firearm out to his right side. I watched with great admiration as he blindly hit the center of the target five times in a row.

"What the hell was that?.." I muttered aloud.

"It's called two years of practice, Mathew." He reloaded the gun then handed it back to me. This kids gotta be bionic or something. He's insanely good with his hands.

"Even if I trained for the next six years straight I'd never be able to amount to your greatness, Troye." I get back into position, aiming for the center of my target.

"True, but you could at least try." He watched with crossed arms as I shot twice, one bullet hitting the bullseye. I gaped, staring incredulously at the black metal object in my hands.

"That was all you." He smiled a little, placing his hand on my shoulder and letting it slowly slide down my arm until he was touching my hand. He took the gun from me, switching the safety back on.

"I think that's enough training for today, Matt. You best get something to eat from the cafeteria." I hesitated for a minute before deciding on just asking him the question thats been swimming around in my overcrowded mind for the past half hour.

"Are you coming with me or do you have another training session?" He bites his lip, glancing down at the floor for a millisecond. "I could eat." He genuinely smiled, giving me a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach that would sit there for the rest of the day.

"Yeah. I learned from the best in the business." I look out the window as I clean the blood off my hand.

"Was it- was it Troye?" I look to Ethan, the feeling of hurt present in my rapidly rising and falling chest.

"We have a long drive. You should be paying attention to the road." We're on a completely deserted highway that overlooks the ocean, but you never know when someone could be following you, especially when the agency's top agent is out of town.

"You're right." He shakes his head, turning the radio on. Fun began playing and I shook my head at the irony of the whole situation. I clicked it off out of frustration. I leaned my seat back as I clutched my bleeding hand to my chest. Right above my empty heart.

~

A/N

I think most of the chapters will each just have one or two important scenes, because this whole story is gonna take place over the course of about a week or so. I'm not exactly sure yet. I'm excited for all of Ty's future allies and enemies.. 🌚 hopefully, I update soon. Lmk what y'all think so far.

Make sure to remember everyone's undercover names, like Connor is Ethan and Tyler is Mathew. You'll see later on why Tyler goes by Mathew. Oh and about location! Since The agency's main base is in Austin Texas and Mathews mission is in Australia and this story is an AU (alternate universe) I decided to make Australia only a nine helicopter ride from Texas. Plus there's time zone changes and other shit like that..

I really like Matt's flashbacks with Troye.. Each one shows how their friendship/relationship has progressed. When the admiration turned to affection.. That sort of stuff. *giggles like a school girl*

Bye|Rachel.

Twitter|@Troylerflamingo