Chapter Four

Mathew's point of view

Night time..

"Ethan, we seriously don't need a ticket. I can sneak us in." I walk us closer to the entrance of the venue, hiding my gun under my pant leg by my ankle.

"Well thats too bad, cause Marcus got us tickets." Ethan intertwined with fingers with mine. I slapped his hand away, narrowing my eyes at him.

"What the hell are you doing?" I have knives hidden under my clothes, he better watch it.

"We're undercover, remember?" I scoff. "That doesn't mean that we have to pretend to be dating."

"Actually, it does. Here, put this on." Ethan handed me an engagement ring, having me slip it onto my ring finger. It feels like I'm betraying Troye, even though he's moved on. "You owe me big time."

"Believe me, I'm paying for it already." He holds my hand tightly as we approach the ticket booth area. "By the way, your fake name is Daniel and we've been engaged for a little over a year." I mumble an okay, walking a bit faster to get away from the publics eye.

"Tickets?" The man at the front entrance asked us with crossed arms. He sure looks like he could beat the crap out of me if I let him. Which I wouldn't, I'd probably slit his jugular vein and he'd die within the minute. "Babe, hand the nice man our tickets." I giggle, digging my nails into the back of his hand.

"My bad, here you go, sir." Ethan smiled politely, handing.. Ricardo our tickets. "You're in row number three." The man ripped out tickets in half on the dotted line, handing us the half that we're supposed to keep.

"Have a nice day, Ricardo." I smile, pulling Ethan in the venue. It's still fairly empty, we must be really early. Perfect, maybe I'll bump into Troye. Or I could always just sneak backstage and find him myself.. The room is slightly dimmed so it wouldn't be too hard to get past his security guards.

"I need to use the little boys room, mind finding our seats?" I squeeze Ethan's hand, lightly kissing his cheek. He rolls his eyes, leaning in until his lips brushed against my ear. "Matt, I know exactly what you're trying to do! And you will not be doing it until the shows over." He pulls away with a big, fake smile.

"Fine."

~

I stand in the third row with Ethan, waiting anxiously for Troye to get out on stage. I feel my hands begin to shake, Ethan takes notice and holds mine in his. It's comforting, but at the same time it makes me feel more anxious. What if Troye recognizes me and thinks that I've moved on?

"Hello, Sydney Australia!" My head shot up and I looked up at the blue eyed Aussie. He looks as perfect as I remember him. Everyone around me screams and shouts, waving at Troye.

"Are you guys having fun so far?" He shouts in the microphone, holding it out to the crowd so that their screams resonate throughout the large speakers on stage.

"Yeah!" I shout, looking right at him. He doesn't see me, he instead looks at the person seven seats to my left. What a lucky girl she is..

After a few minutes, he finally picks a song, deciding on Happy Little Pill. I wonder who it's about. He once told me that he wrote while on missions. You know, in motel rooms while he waited out his prey.

"In the crowd alone
And every second passing reminds me I'm not h-" he spots me, nearly dropping his mic. "Mathew?" He mouthed. I nod in response, urging him to continue the song

"-home
Bright lights and city sounds are ringing like a drone
Unknown, unknown

Oh, glazed eyes, empty hearts
Buying happy from shopping carts
Nothing but time to kill
Sipping life from bottles
Tight skin, bodyguards
Gucci down the boulevard
Cocaine, dollar bills
And...