Chapter Fourteen

Mathew's point of view

Zoe watches my back as we attempt to break into a mans house. He's a very dangerous man who's likely to have firearms hidden in a safe, which is exactly why we have to move fast. This isn't one of those missions where you just arrest the bad guy, no- this is the kind of mission where you shoot anyone and anything that dares get in your way.

Troye can see through the special contact lens in my eye and can hear what's going on from the small earpiece in my ear.

"I hacked into his security system and disabled the alarm system and security cameras. It's time to move in, Matt." Troye spoke into my earpiece. I nod even though he can't see my face.

"Thanks, babe." I whisper just as I finish picking the lock.

"Oh hush, Mathew! We have a job to do." Zoe whisper-shouted directly into my ear.

I know that she secretly really admires Troye. Everyone looks up to Troye, even people stationed at other agency branches. He became the agency's top agent at the youngest age recorded in history. Most of the people they recruit are over they age of eighteen. He was only sixteen when they brought him in.

I open the door with my leather gloved hand, waiting for Zoe to walk inside before I quietly shut it behind us.

"He has a cat, but its currently sleeping alone in a room. If it gets out, just throw a catnip toy at it and lock it away." I get out my gun with the attached silencer, taking the safety off. I hold it in the firing position as I walk through the mans mansion. "Or I could just kill it." I muttered quietly.

I look back at Zoe, pointing in front of us using two fingers. She nods in response, trailing closely behind me. I cringe when I take a step on the wooden staircase and it creaks. It wasn't just a soft, quite creak either- it was loud as fuck and drawled out. If the man wakes up and finds us I'm screwed. So screwed.

I gesture for Zoe to go ahead of me, she does as instructed, quietly running up the steps beside me. I take a deep breath, walking up the left side of the stairs. I inwardly sigh when it doesn't creak.

"Daxton's not in bed anymore, Matt! He heard Zoe. Get to him before he leaves his bedroom." Troye spoke into my earpiece.

"Dammit." I grumble under my breath, pushing Zoe out of my way as I make my way over to Daxton's bedroom. I wait until I hear footsteps on the other side of the door to shove it open. I ended up banging him in the head, sending him to the floor.

"You mother fucker!" He crawled towards me, slashing a hole in my jeans with his Bowie knife.

"You're going to pay for that, Bitch!" I smack him in the face with my gun, causing his lip to split down the middle and bleed. He grabs onto my ankle, aiming for my thigh with his large knife. I crouch down, grabbing his arm to aim the knife at his stomach.

"N-No.." He grunted, fighting my hold on him. I push harder, sending the knife straight through his stomach. Connor was shot in the stomach.. It's men like Daxton that make me kill people. He deserves to die.

He keels over, groaning and moaning as blood seeps out of his wound. To help him die faster, I take the knife from his stomach, tossing it the the floor beside him. I press the muzzle of my gun to his forehead, pulling the trigger.

There goes Daxton Garret Thompson.

Time to go kill his partners who I know are waiting outside for Zoe and I.

I turn to see Zoe staring at Daxton's lifeless form. His empty shell.

"What are you waiting for? Go!" I shout, running past her and down the stairs. I rip open the front door to be met with the sight of six men holding pistols.

They were all aimed at me.

-two weeks later-

I cry as Troye sleeps peacefully beside me. I don't need to burden him with my complete and utter heartbreak over Connor's death. Even though his funeral was over five months ago, I'm still feeling the guilt and shame. I feel as if I could've done something to save him.

He was in his hospital bed, recovering from surgery when suddenly his heart monitor flat lined.

That was when they pronounced him dead.

At first I believed that his death was heroic, now I realize it's all my fault.

I could've- should've done something.

I should've made it to the Jeep first.

I should've died in his place.

I kneel on the bed, being careful not to wake Troye as I reach for the glass flag case on the shelf above our bed. I didn't wake him, so I continue to cry as I run my fingers along Connor's name on the wooden plaque on the case. I've been a mess ever since he died.. I've been on so many kill missions just to take out my anger and grief. Sad, I know. But I don't know how else I could possibly let out my emotions.. I could always talk to Troye, but like I said, I wouldn't want to be a burden.

A groan sounds from beside me and I feel warm hands reach out for me, grabbing onto my waist. "Matt?.. What are you doing up so late? Are you- are you crying?" He squints at me.

"I-I just miss him s-so m-m-much.. Troye, make it g-go a-away." He takes the flag case from my hand, putting it back on the shelf above our bed. He leans his forehead against mine, eyes looking directly into mine. "Make what go away?" I squeeze my eyes shut.

"The pain, grief, guilt, the memories. I want it all to just disappear forever." Troye kisses me softly, his hand lightly tugging at the shorter hairs on the back of my neck. Then he pulls away, having me snuggle up close to his chest. I must feel like a stuffed animal to him, considering he's a whopping six inches taller than me. He's like a large, warm teddy bear. A Troye-bear. Nah, that's lame.. But also really cute.

"W-What are you d-doing?" He places a kiss atop my head.

"Making the pain go away."

And with that, we spent the rest of the night talking, cuddling and kissing.

Even if it's only temporarily, he makes the pain go away.

Troye's undivided love and affection is what keeps me going on the worst of days.

I wonder if we'll ever settle down, get married and adopt kids together..

~

A/N

Awh, excuse me while I weep... This was the last chappie of Codename: WILD. I already have a sequel planned, so keep this story in your library for updates on when I post it.. I have yet to come up with a title for it, but I already have the plot set up in my head and all that jizz. Most - if not all - chapters will be in Troye's POV- the opposite of this story where it was nearly all Mathew's POV.

*shrieks at how Troye cuddled, kissed and talked to Matt (Ty) instead of having sex with him to make the guilt, pain and grief go away* he's just such an amazing boyfriend... Or is he?..🌚

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading this story. I hope it wasn't too boring or anything.. *prays for the second book to be more entertaining and action packed* I'm just not very good at writing in Ty's POV.. Like seriously. I feel like no matter the plot of the story I'm writing, I always relate to Troye on a more personal level- therefore my stories that are mostly Troye's POV are better, more emotional and all around better.

I might start updating my other stories before I get into writing the sequel for this.. Idk I'll figure things out. It just depends on what I'm feeling. (Holy shit I LITERALLY wrote an entire short-story in a week). I feel so accomplished.

Bye|Rachel.

Twitter|@Troylerflamingo