Chapter Six

Mathew's point of view

"M-Mathew?.." Troye's squinted at me, he looked to be in physical pain; likely caused from laying on two sniper rifles for the last couple of hours.

"It me." I back up a foot as I force myself not to smile. This is mainly an interrogation to make sure that he can be trusted. I still love him and all, but if we don't have trust we have nothing. And that just doesn't sit right with me. I can't complete this mission without him, and I was instructed by Marcus to bring him back to the main base in Austin.

"Why are you in Sydney?" He glowered at me, clenching his jaw. "I left the agency for your safety and this is how I'm replayed?!"

"I'm here to save your ass, obviously. And what the hell are you even talking about?" He may make this interrogation easier than I anticipated.

"Make them leave, and I'll talk." I sighed, asking Ethan and Daniel to leave the room. Troye still didn't speak.

"Well?.." I take a few steps closer to him, hoping he'd crack under the pressure of his ex- field partner and lover.

"Untie me too. This is completely disrespectful after all that we've been thru, Matty." I hold back my tears as I answer him with a soft 'fine'. I untie his ankles and waist from the chair, leaving his hands tied. "Really, Matt? Do you really think I have any weapons left on me after you thoroughly searched me?

"How did you know I searched you?"

"Because you aren't an idiot." He rolled his eyes, fighting against his rope restraints. "And for future reference, I prefer silk over rope." I ignore his comments, moving to untie his wrists.

"I found a three inch dagger strapped to the inside of your left ankle, care to explain why?" I stepped back, letting the rope in my hands fall to the floor. He hums thoughtfully, lightly rubbing his chin. He glanced up at me.

"What do you think?"

"I think that you knew you were being followed. Why didn't you file a police report or contact the agency?" I stepped forward, holding his shoulders as my chest rapidly rose and fell. It pisses me off how he doesn't value his life as much as he used to.

"I know all about Connor following me. I knew that he'd report the two Russian men. And I knew that they'd come after me eventually."

"Care to elaborate?" I let go of him, looking down at the floor.

"Last year, when I found him lurking around my hotel rooms and the areas I traveled to, I looked him up in the agency's database and found out that he was one of your allies. If you were wondering how I got into the agency's database, lets just say that I still have my old password and I know how to hack into high-tech computers and get past firewalls. I knew that Nestor and Nikolay Aptekar would come after me eventually. Before we locked them up, they threatened to kill you if I didn't leave the country and the agency. I didn't believe them until they started blackmailing me from the state prison. Two years after I left and moved to Australia, they somehow escaped prison. That's when I knew that I could never come back to Texas. To you."

He grabbed my hand, lightly stoking the back of it with his thumb. I slowly pulled mine away from his, turning around with crossed arms as I sniffled and fought off tears. He left to save my life. He left because he loved me and I didn't even have the decency to say it back. So that's what he meant by 'its too dangerous' when he was at the airport six years ago. He really did love me.. Oh my god.

"W-Why didn't you tell me all of this six years ago?" I turned back to face him, a single tear sliding down my cheek.

"I couldn't have contacted you. They would've killed you, Matt. I'm so sorry."

"I'm alive. You're alive. And that's all that matters." I take a shuddering breath. "We need to track them down before Daniel can kill them."

"I know how to find them." He gets to his feet, searching the dim basement.

"What are you looking for?" I follow him around the room.

"My phone and dagger, obviously."

"I'll get it for you." I sigh, unlocking the door to lead him upstairs. I brought him into the weapons room, giving back his jacket, wallet, phone, knife and whatever else I took from him when he was passed out. He sat down in the middle of the room, phone in his hands.

"Really, Troye? Now is not the time for playing candy-crush."

"I'm not. I have the Aptekar's location on here. I've been tracking them."

"Well, where are they?"

"Give me a minute, Mathew." He grumbled, opening an app then typing in a series of numbers, letters, and doing an eye scan. He never really stopped being an agent, did he? I bet he's been keeping tabs on all of us for the last six years. There's no way he hasn't hacked into traffic cams to get pictures and video footage of me. Sounds creepy, but logical.

"They're in an abandoned factory in West Sydney, where are we?"

"Uh, East Sydney in a safe house." I call for Daniel and Ethan. They come running in, writing down everything Troye was saying.

He ended up telling us everything about their location. We packed up everything we needed then got in Ethan's Jeep. Troye got to sit shotgun while I got stuck in the backseats with Daniel.

I tap Troye on the shoulder, "Could you turn the radio on? We've got a long drive." He shrugged, clicking a few buttons on the radio until DKLA came on. He immediately changed it, ending up on a one direction song. 18 to be exact. He seemed a bit uneasy but didn't change it.

I laid back and pretended to be asleep. I opened one eye to see Daniel listening to music.

"So, is Troye your real name?" Ethan asked Troye.

~

A/N

Ooh, I'm thinking of putting Troye's POV next. Expect a flashback or two soon.. 🌚 Troye's background story.. is a bit confusing/dramatic/sad/holy fuck hold the mayo bitch.

Bye|Rachel.

Twitter|@Troylerflamingo