Chapter Ten

Mathew's point of view

Before I knew what was even happening we stopped somewhere, parking behind a bunch of tall bushes witha huge field surrounding it.

"If either of us must die I want it to be me." Troye glanced at me in the dark, pressing a soft kiss to my lips.

"Don't even think about it."

"I don't want to go through another six years of hell, Matthew. I'll die if I have to." He gives my hand a squeeze before we start heading out the door. Daniel loads a bunch of guns, handing two to each of us. I grab a few sharp daggers, putting them into leg holster sleeves. We also grab extra bullets just in case.

"We look for evidence of them being here, if we spot anything out of the ordinary, we shoot. We blow up the building if they come after us. Got it?" Daniel looks each of us in the eye for a second. Everyone answers him with a nod and a "got it" in return.

"Oakley, Sivan. You two go left, and Phil and I will go around the right side of the building. Connor, you keep watch and go around to the back door. Am I clear?"

"Yes, Daniel. I understand." I nod nervously, closing my eyes for a second to physically shake off the nerves. I open my eyes again when the memory of getting shot in my right shoulder by Nikolay became too much to handle.

"Let's give it a minute before we move in." I nod, taking the safety off my gun as I hold it in the firing position. If Troye dies, I'll risk my life killing those Russian pricks. But I'd do that even if he doesn't die. I'd do it for any of the agents and allies I'm currently with. We're all constantly putting our lives into each others hands. If we don't have trust, we have nothing.

"Connor you go first, then Oakley and Sivan. And lastly, Phil and I." Connor looks from side to side before running towards the abandoned factory with his gun held at shoulder level. Troye and I wait half a minute before following Connor. After another minute Daniel and Phillip begin going around the right side of the building.

Troye motions to the building with his head, I follow behind him, peeking in a broken widow. I don't see Nikolay or Nestor. And they're likely to have an army of men with them. They have to be here somewhere.. He taps me on the shoulder, motioning forward with two fingers. I nod, following not too far behind him. We stop for a minute to scan the area, turning in a circle with our guns held at eye level. There's nobody in this area, we better keep moving. This is quite a large building. It's really old, too.

"Watch my back, Matt." Troye whispered. I nod, checking behind us. I keep walking forward, turning back ever so often to make sure we aren't being followed. I cringe when Troye crushed a very crunchy leaf. It made my heartbeat speed up. He could get us caught- and shot.

We stop walking when we see light coming from an open window. I crouch down, listening carefully. I heard people speaking in Russian. Nikolay, Nestor and some other men. There's got to be at least five other men in that room not including them. Hopefully, Daniel and Phillip get here quick. Maybe they'll enter through a back door and open fire.

"They're here." They spoke in Russian.

"Let's meet up with D, P and C." Troye whispered, having us go back around the way we came. We ended up on the right side of the building, Phil nearly shot me before he realized that it was just me and Troye. He sighed in relief, pulling me to crouch down on the ground.

"They're on the left. They know we're here." I whisper, my eyes scanning the premises.

"Where's Connor?" Daniel looked behind him.

"I don't know for sure, but I think he's around the back." Daniel nods, crouching down as he continues to walk around the building moving towards the left. We find Connor peeking through a window.