When Abbey Dawn Met Eli Goldsworthy: Chapter 1:

"Here's your lunch money, Do you have your keys?" My mom asked me.

"Yup" I said pulling them out of my bag and dangling the colorful key chain in front of her, the little blue converse sneaker dangled on one of the silver key hooks. Along with my house key, a little red telly tubbie plush toy, a fake little brown pocket book, and a plastic square that said "Think I'm sarcastic? Watch me pretend to care"

"Cellphone?"

"Got it" I held my black sidekick for her to see. She nodded then thought for a second.

"Do you have my number, your dads number...." She was saying but i cut her off.

"Grandma's number, Aunt Jane's number, The polices number, a deranged serial killers number...." I was saying and her eyes got big. "Mom, I'm kidding" I said. She took things pretty seriously. Her jade colored eyes looked determined to find something to keep me there longer.

Abbey. That's my name. I have my moms eye color which is green and my dads hair color, which is blond. I dyed a streak right at the front of my hair a dark pink. Red is my favorite, but i already had that color in my hair before. I wear a lot of black eye liner and don't like lipstick or blush or any other kind of makeup other then eyeliner. I'm sarcastic...a lot. I wouldn't have to be so sarcastic if people didn't say stupid things. I'm pretty laid back. I'm not a slacker, I care about my grades. I'm different...Unique in my words, people can like it or hate it, either way they're not me so what's the damage?

"....Do you have your..." She leaned over the car window to whisper to me, "Lady Products" She said to me quietly. I widened my eyes at my dad and he nodded in understanding.

"Mia, let the girl get to school she's going to be late" My dad said to my mom. Saved by the father! My mom sighed.

"Okay, okay, okay, let me just take some pictures" She said and turned to rummage through her pocket book. Ohhh no...

"Okay then, Love you!" I said and turned to face the school speed walking away from the car and stopping for a black and silver car to drive by. A hearse to be exact. 'Alrighty then, that's definitely normal' I thought sarcastically. I waited for it to pass and jogged across the street. A couple of people were sitting on the steps and looked at me as I stepped up on the curb.

"Have a good day Sweetie. I love you!!!" My mom yelled from the car. Somebody laughed and another person said wow. Oh, why me. I rolled my eyes then turned and smiled and waved at them as they pulled off. I turned back around to my new school and looked up at the sign, all the way at the top of the building. Squinting as the sun kinda got in my eyes. Degrassi Community High-school.

I'd be starting in the middle of the year as a sophmore. How fun to come into a new school with new people and have no friends whatsoever. Yippe..... I sighed and adjusted my book-bag on my back.

"Here we go" I said to myself and walked up the steps and into the building.